*The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce will be honoring the late Barry White with a posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Sept 12 at 11:30 a.m. PDT.
“People can’t get enough of Barry White’s music and even though he passed away many years ago, his songs will live on in the hearts of many,” stated Ana Martinez, Producer of the Walk of Fame ceremonies. “We are honored to have Barry White, his legendary voice and timeless songs immortalized on the Walk of Fame.”
Emcee Leron Gubler, President & CEO of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, and guest speakers Glodean White, wife of Barry White, along with Berry Gordy, will help unveil the star at 6914 Hollywood Boulevard across the street from the Dolby Theatre in the category of Recording. A live stream of the ceremony can be seen exclusively at www.walkoffame.com.
About Barry White
Barry White was an American record producer and singer-songwriter. A two-time Grammy Award-winner known for his rich bass voice and romantic image, White’s greatest success came in the 1970s as a solo singer and with his Love Unlimited Orchestra, crafting many enduring hit soul, funk, pop and disco songs–one of which is the world-renown classic “Love’s Theme.” Worldwide, White had many gold and platinum albums and singles, with combined sales of more than 100 million. “I’ve Got So Much to Give,” his self-produced debut album was released in 1973 on the 20th Century label. The album was an immediate success, becoming the first of four consecutive White albums to top the R&B and POP charts. It included the title track and his first solo chart hit, “I’m Gonna Love You Just a Little More Baby.” which also rose to No. 1 on the Billboard R&B charts as well as No. 3 on the Billboard Pop charts in 1973. Barry White’s All-Time Greatest Hits collects 20 of the two-time GRAMMY winner’s essential songs, including “You’re The First, The Last, My Everything” and “Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Ni*ga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here