*It looks like TV Host and attorney Star Jones has added designer to her resume with the release of her new clothing line, “Status By Star Jones,” available exclusively through QVC.
Jones’ new collection “goes from day to evening for women of all shapes and sizes,” and is a dream come true for the star.
“I, like most little girls, played dress up when I was a child. I grew up with my mother and her eight sisters, so there was never a shortage of high heels and pretty dresses to play in. I used to fantasize about the places I would go one day and the people I would meet. My career trajectory took me places I never dreamed of, but somehow achieved—lawyer, television personality, best-selling author, and women’s advocate. And now I finally get to play dress up again,” Jones said in a statement.
Jones has struggled with her weight and public image in the past and felt that making the line accessible for woman of all sizes was a must. “Status By Star Jones” runs in sizes from a double-zero to a 28-wide.
“I always knew I’d end up designing clothes for women. I’m probably the only public personality who knows what it’s like to be a size 6 and a size 26 and have to look good all the time regardless of my size! I know how clothes should fit, how they should move, what embellishments they should have, and how they should make you feel. I want every woman to feel she has achieved ‘status’ when she steps out her door, and we know that often starts with the clothes she’s wearing,” she explained.
The “Today,” contributor said her partnership with QVC was a perfect choice for her line.
“Working with QVC speaks to my passion for advocating for women. It allows me to design looks that go from day to evening for women of all shapes and sizes who simply want to look good and represent the status they have achieved in everything they do and everywhere they go,” she closed.
“Status By Star Jones” is available from QVC now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here