*It looks like TV Host and attorney Star Jones has added designer to her resume with the release of her new clothing line, “Status By Star Jones,” available exclusively through QVC.
Jones’ new collection “goes from day to evening for women of all shapes and sizes,” and is a dream come true for the star.
“I, like most little girls, played dress up when I was a child. I grew up with my mother and her eight sisters, so there was never a shortage of high heels and pretty dresses to play in. I used to fantasize about the places I would go one day and the people I would meet. My career trajectory took me places I never dreamed of, but somehow achieved—lawyer, television personality, best-selling author, and women’s advocate. And now I finally get to play dress up again,” Jones said in a statement.
Jones has struggled with her weight and public image in the past and felt that making the line accessible for woman of all sizes was a must. “Status By Star Jones” runs in sizes from a double-zero to a 28-wide.
“I always knew I’d end up designing clothes for women. I’m probably the only public personality who knows what it’s like to be a size 6 and a size 26 and have to look good all the time regardless of my size! I know how clothes should fit, how they should move, what embellishments they should have, and how they should make you feel. I want every woman to feel she has achieved ‘status’ when she steps out her door, and we know that often starts with the clothes she’s wearing,” she explained.
The “Today,” contributor said her partnership with QVC was a perfect choice for her line.
“Working with QVC speaks to my passion for advocating for women. It allows me to design looks that go from day to evening for women of all shapes and sizes who simply want to look good and represent the status they have achieved in everything they do and everywhere they go,” she closed.
“Status By Star Jones” is available from QVC now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- TV One's 'News Now' Devotes Show to NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here