*It looks like TV Host and attorney Star Jones has added designer to her resume with the release of her new clothing line, “Status By Star Jones,” available exclusively through QVC.
Jones’ new collection “goes from day to evening for women of all shapes and sizes,” and is a dream come true for the star.
“I, like most little girls, played dress up when I was a child. I grew up with my mother and her eight sisters, so there was never a shortage of high heels and pretty dresses to play in. I used to fantasize about the places I would go one day and the people I would meet. My career trajectory took me places I never dreamed of, but somehow achieved—lawyer, television personality, best-selling author, and women’s advocate. And now I finally get to play dress up again,” Jones said in a statement.
Jones has struggled with her weight and public image in the past and felt that making the line accessible for woman of all sizes was a must. “Status By Star Jones” runs in sizes from a double-zero to a 28-wide.
“I always knew I’d end up designing clothes for women. I’m probably the only public personality who knows what it’s like to be a size 6 and a size 26 and have to look good all the time regardless of my size! I know how clothes should fit, how they should move, what embellishments they should have, and how they should make you feel. I want every woman to feel she has achieved ‘status’ when she steps out her door, and we know that often starts with the clothes she’s wearing,” she explained.
The “Today,” contributor said her partnership with QVC was a perfect choice for her line.
“Working with QVC speaks to my passion for advocating for women. It allows me to design looks that go from day to evening for women of all shapes and sizes who simply want to look good and represent the status they have achieved in everything they do and everywhere they go,” she closed.
“Status By Star Jones” is available from QVC now.
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here