*Tyler Perry will take on an acting gig in 20th Century Fox and director David Fincher’s “Gone Girl,” an adaptation of the Gillian Flynn novel that will star Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike and shoot this fall.
Perry will play Tanner Bolt, the attorney who reps Affleck’s character after his wife disappears, and Neil Patrick Harris is near a deal to play Desi Collins, the wife’s former boyfriend. At the same time, Fincher has set Kim Dickens, Patrick Fugit and Carrie Coon to round out the cast.
Fincher saw Tyler Perry playing the title role in “Alex Cross” and courted him for the lawyer role, according to Deadline.com. Perry, who is busy generating his shows for the OWN network, will next be seen onscreen in “A Made Christmas,” another in his line of Madea films.
Dickens and Fugit will play detectives who investigate the mystery in Gone Girl, while Coon will play Affleck’s character’s twin sister.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here