*Supermodel Tyra Banks FAULT’s Issue 15 Beauty section cover shoot will present an exhibition of photographs of herself taken in the style of some of her famous modeling counterparts.
The exhibition will run from September 9th – November 9th 2013. For the shoot, Tyra enlisted photographer Udo Spreitzenbarth and creative director Ty-Ron Mayes.
The photos will be unretouched and monochramatic capturing the essence of iconic fellow supermodels, friends, colleagues and competitors alike.
“When Spreitzenbarth and Mayes approached Banks in 2012 about working on an art project together, Banks shared with them her vision of 15.
The series then became a reality through artist collaboration with hairstylist Sher Rae Tucker–a protégé of the legendary Oribe, and Emmy award-winning make-up artist Valente Frazier.
In the age of pixilated veils, there is no digital manipulation to the imagery. 15 is Tyra Banks in raw, un-retouched images: the photography, styling, and transformative hair and make-up, along with Banks’ extraordinary ability to emulate each character, takes the notion of “black and white” beyond the portrayed models’ varying ethnicity and a description of the photographs.”
“Named for the number of the iconic women portrayed, and the age at which Tyra began her modeling career, 15 includes interpretive images of Banks personifying the supermodels: Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, Lauren Hutton, Jerry Hall, Iman, Kate Moss, Twiggy, Brooke Shields, Claudia Schiffer, Carmen Dell’Orefice and Grace Jones.
“Banks also portrays the new wave of talent that has resurrected the genre: Kate Upton, Karlie Kloss and Cara Delevingne. Rounding out the 15, an adult Tyra emulates herself at 15 years old.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here