*The late great entertainer extraordinaire Ray Charles will be honored with a Ray Charles Forever postage stamp on Monday September 23rd which would have been his 83rd birthday. As part of its Music Icons Forever series, the U.S. Postal Service will be unveiling the stamp hosted by the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles.
Charles’ daughter Raenee Robinson-McClellan says, “I think I speak for all of our family that we are very grateful for the U.S. Postal service honoring Dad in such a way.”
The limited-edition stamp will be made available for purchase the same day. In conjunction with the stamp’s debut, a retrospective CD/DVD set titled Ray Charles Forever will be released on Tuesday September 24. The CD will feature 12 tracks, including covers of such memorable tunes as “A Song for You,” “Come Rain or Come Shine,” “Imagine” and “America the Beautiful.” The DVD will offer 20 minutes’ worth of footage, including rare concert performances of “Imagine,” “They Can’t Take That Away from Me” and “A Song for You,” as well as vintage interviews with Ray.
The complete list of the Ray Charles Forever CD is as follows:
“Song for You”
“I’m Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town”
“Ring of Fire”
“Come Rain or Come Shine”
“They Can’t Take That Away from Me”
“Till There Was You”
“Isn’t It Wonderful”
“None of Us Are Free”
“If I Could”
“So Help Me God”
“America the Beautiful”
“I Didn’t Know What Time It Was” (bonus track)
Here’s the schedule for the event:
DAYTIME PROGRAM (1:00 pm-2:00 pm)
· 1:00 p.m.: Musical performance by students
· 1:15 p.m.: “Ray Charles Stamp” Dedication – officials of USPS ,City Officials, Ray Charles Foundation will be present, includes remarks and photo ops
· 1:45 p.m.: Musical performance by students
· 2:00 p.m.: Program concludes, stamp to be available for sale in Grammy Museum throughout the rest of the day
EVENING PROGRAM (7:30 pm -8:30 pm)
· 7:00 p.m.: Doors open
· 7:30 p.m.: Video presentation on Ray Charles
· 7:45 p.m.: Panel discussion including Bob Santelli, Executive Director of The Grammy Museum, Valerie Ervin, President of The Ray Charles Foundation; John Burk, CEO, President of Concord Music/Telarc; Anthony Hamilton, R & B Singer; Michelle Williams, Singer, songwriter and performer.
· 8:15 p.m.: Musical performances by Michelle Williams and Anthony Hamilton
· 8:30 p.m.: Program concludes
· 8:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m.: – VIP Reception on 4th Floor of Grammy Museum
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here