*Patti Webster, a longtime publicist whose celebrity clients included Mary Mary, Creflo Dollar Ministries, Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound and BeBe and CeCe Winans, died Friday (Sept. 13 at the age of 49.
Webster was battling brain cancer. She died at a hospital in Somerville, N.J., her firm announced.
Webster launched W&W Public Relations in 1991, and went on to represent celebrities from a variety of fields beyond gospel. She has represented Halle Berry, BMI Urban Awards, Bow Wow, Chris Carter, eOne Music, Anthony Hamilton, Steve Harvey, HollyRod Foundation, Dwight Howard, Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, Patti LaBelle, Ludacris, Chris Paul, Holly Robinson Pete, The Estate of Otis Redding, Kelly Rowland, Rasheed Wallace, So So Def Recordings and Usher.
Magic Johnson was among those who tweeted condolences, calling her a “sensational publicist.”
Webster, whose parents were pastors, was an ordained minister. She wrote “It Happened in Church: Stories of Humor From the Pulpit to the Pews.”
Patti served as a member of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS), on the boards of the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and the TReach (Therapies Reaching & Educating Autistic Children) Foundation and as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s Marketing Mavericks team. Among her numerous accolades and honors, Patti received Ebony magazine’s Ebony Communications Award of Excellence for her work in public relations and entertainment in 2008.
She is survived by her father, two sisters, and two brothers.
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here