*Patti Webster, a longtime publicist whose celebrity clients included Mary Mary, Creflo Dollar Ministries, Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound and BeBe and CeCe Winans, died Friday (Sept. 13 at the age of 49.
Webster was battling brain cancer. She died at a hospital in Somerville, N.J., her firm announced.
Webster launched W&W Public Relations in 1991, and went on to represent celebrities from a variety of fields beyond gospel. She has represented Halle Berry, BMI Urban Awards, Bow Wow, Chris Carter, eOne Music, Anthony Hamilton, Steve Harvey, HollyRod Foundation, Dwight Howard, Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, Patti LaBelle, Ludacris, Chris Paul, Holly Robinson Pete, The Estate of Otis Redding, Kelly Rowland, Rasheed Wallace, So So Def Recordings and Usher.
Magic Johnson was among those who tweeted condolences, calling her a “sensational publicist.”
Webster, whose parents were pastors, was an ordained minister. She wrote “It Happened in Church: Stories of Humor From the Pulpit to the Pews.”
Patti served as a member of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS), on the boards of the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and the TReach (Therapies Reaching & Educating Autistic Children) Foundation and as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s Marketing Mavericks team. Among her numerous accolades and honors, Patti received Ebony magazine’s Ebony Communications Award of Excellence for her work in public relations and entertainment in 2008.
She is survived by her father, two sisters, and two brothers.
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Williams Survives Nuisance Nederlander; Venus Takes Step Two Toward Spoiling Sister's Slam Bid
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here