*Patti Webster, a longtime publicist whose celebrity clients included Mary Mary, Creflo Dollar Ministries, Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound and BeBe and CeCe Winans, died Friday (Sept. 13 at the age of 49.
Webster was battling brain cancer. She died at a hospital in Somerville, N.J., her firm announced.
Webster launched W&W Public Relations in 1991, and went on to represent celebrities from a variety of fields beyond gospel. She has represented Halle Berry, BMI Urban Awards, Bow Wow, Chris Carter, eOne Music, Anthony Hamilton, Steve Harvey, HollyRod Foundation, Dwight Howard, Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, Patti LaBelle, Ludacris, Chris Paul, Holly Robinson Pete, The Estate of Otis Redding, Kelly Rowland, Rasheed Wallace, So So Def Recordings and Usher.
Magic Johnson was among those who tweeted condolences, calling her a “sensational publicist.”
Webster, whose parents were pastors, was an ordained minister. She wrote “It Happened in Church: Stories of Humor From the Pulpit to the Pews.”
Patti served as a member of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS), on the boards of the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and the TReach (Therapies Reaching & Educating Autistic Children) Foundation and as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s Marketing Mavericks team. Among her numerous accolades and honors, Patti received Ebony magazine’s Ebony Communications Award of Excellence for her work in public relations and entertainment in 2008.
She is survived by her father, two sisters, and two brothers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here