It was announced by her family and her firm that she passed away in Somerville, New Jersey hospital. She was suffering from brain cancer. Patti was the founder and CEO of the highly respected public relations agency, W&W Public Relations, Inc.
Throughout her long and illustrious career Patti was a driving force behind the success of numerous sports, entertainment and corporate clients. In 1991, she founded W&W Public Relations, Inc., which has represented individuals and organizations including, Halle Berry, BMI Urban Awards, Bow Wow, Chris Carter, Creflo Dollar Ministries, eOne Music, Anthony Hamilton, Steve Harvey, HollyRod Foundation, Dwight Howard, Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, Patti LaBelle, Ludacris, Mary, Mary, Chris Paul, Holly Robinson Pete, The Estate of Otis Redding, Kelly Rowland, Rasheed Wallace, So So Def Recordings, Usher, Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound and BeBe and CeCe Winans.
Her success in business was secondary to her strong belief in God. As a deaconess at Shiloh Pentecostal Church in Somerville, NJ, and an ordained minister, Patti’s unwavering commitment to her faith was an inspiration to many. A published author, Patti wrote a book sharing humorous and uplifting stories from church called It Happened in Church: Stories of Humor from the Pulpit to the Pews, which was released in 2008.
Beyond her many professional successes, Patti served as a member of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS), on the boards of the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and the TReach (Therapies Reaching & Educating Autistic Children) Foundation and as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s Marketing Mavericks team. Among her numerous accolades and honors, Patti received Ebony magazine’s Ebony Communications Award of Excellence for her work in public relations and entertainment in 2008.
Magic Johnson was among those who tweeted condolences, calling her a “sensational publicist.”
She is survived by her father, two sisters, two brothers and other relatives.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here