The latest is that will.i.am has responded to Pharrell in a lawsuit, claiming Pharrell is basically a serial thief who steals names for profit — including Will’s.
An example, will cites is Pharrell’s YouTube channel called “I AM OTHER.” After will.i.am fired off a cease and desist letter, demanding that Pharrell stop using “I AM,” Pharrell filed a lawsuit, asking a judge to protect his right to use the “I AM” moniker.
Now TMZ has obtained new legal docs, in which Will.i.am is countersuing Pharrell, claiming the dude has a long, copycat history. Will.i.am notes … Pharrell co-founded a record label called Star Trak Entertainment — sound familiar?
But wait, there’s more. Will also notes Pharrell is being sued by Marvin Gaye’s family for allegedly ripping off “Got to Give it Up” for his summer smash “Blurred Lines.”
And there’s still more. Will claims Pharrell also tried to register the trademark, Pink Slime — which Will says is similar to Slime, owned by Mattel. That’s a stretch, right?
As for using “I AM,” Will points out it will confuse people because they’re both on the same record label and they have similar musical styles.
It simple as far as will.i.am is concerned, if Pharrell wants to play, he’s got to pay.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here