The latest is that will.i.am has responded to Pharrell in a lawsuit, claiming Pharrell is basically a serial thief who steals names for profit — including Will’s.
An example, will cites is Pharrell’s YouTube channel called “I AM OTHER.” After will.i.am fired off a cease and desist letter, demanding that Pharrell stop using “I AM,” Pharrell filed a lawsuit, asking a judge to protect his right to use the “I AM” moniker.
Now TMZ has obtained new legal docs, in which Will.i.am is countersuing Pharrell, claiming the dude has a long, copycat history. Will.i.am notes … Pharrell co-founded a record label called Star Trak Entertainment — sound familiar?
But wait, there’s more. Will also notes Pharrell is being sued by Marvin Gaye’s family for allegedly ripping off “Got to Give it Up” for his summer smash “Blurred Lines.”
And there’s still more. Will claims Pharrell also tried to register the trademark, Pink Slime — which Will says is similar to Slime, owned by Mattel. That’s a stretch, right?
As for using “I AM,” Will points out it will confuse people because they’re both on the same record label and they have similar musical styles.
It simple as far as will.i.am is concerned, if Pharrell wants to play, he’s got to pay.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here