“It’s changing every month. To put a sequel together of that magnitude is an enormous undertaking,” Emmerich said. “I sometimes say, ‘No, Will Smith will not be in it,’ because he didn’t want to do it at first. Now, we have a meeting planned and we want to talk about it again. Anything can happen.”
Emmerich previously told the New York Daily News that due to monetary reasons, Smith was out of the project.
“Will Smith cannot come back because he’s too expensive, but he’d also be too much of a marquee name,” Emmerich said at the time. “It would be too much.”
Both Smith’s return to the sequel and the film’s exact release date are both up for discussion. Fox set July 3, 2015 as the film’s release date, but in the Digital Spy interview, Emmerich said it would likely not be ready until 2016.
By the way, speaking of 2016, the original “Independence Day” will turn 20 years old on July 3, 2016.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here