“It’s changing every month. To put a sequel together of that magnitude is an enormous undertaking,” Emmerich said. “I sometimes say, ‘No, Will Smith will not be in it,’ because he didn’t want to do it at first. Now, we have a meeting planned and we want to talk about it again. Anything can happen.”
Emmerich previously told the New York Daily News that due to monetary reasons, Smith was out of the project.
“Will Smith cannot come back because he’s too expensive, but he’d also be too much of a marquee name,” Emmerich said at the time. “It would be too much.”
Both Smith’s return to the sequel and the film’s exact release date are both up for discussion. Fox set July 3, 2015 as the film’s release date, but in the Digital Spy interview, Emmerich said it would likely not be ready until 2016.
By the way, speaking of 2016, the original “Independence Day” will turn 20 years old on July 3, 2016.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: He was Scheduled to Meet with Addition Doctor (Report)
- Beyoncé Announces Investment in Watermelon Sports Drink Co.
- Did You Wake Up to The Voice of 'The Rock'? You Could (Watch)
- 50 Cent Apologizes to Family of Autistic Airport Worker
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here