“It’s changing every month. To put a sequel together of that magnitude is an enormous undertaking,” Emmerich said. “I sometimes say, ‘No, Will Smith will not be in it,’ because he didn’t want to do it at first. Now, we have a meeting planned and we want to talk about it again. Anything can happen.”
Emmerich previously told the New York Daily News that due to monetary reasons, Smith was out of the project.
“Will Smith cannot come back because he’s too expensive, but he’d also be too much of a marquee name,” Emmerich said at the time. “It would be too much.”
Both Smith’s return to the sequel and the film’s exact release date are both up for discussion. Fox set July 3, 2015 as the film’s release date, but in the Digital Spy interview, Emmerich said it would likely not be ready until 2016.
By the way, speaking of 2016, the original “Independence Day” will turn 20 years old on July 3, 2016.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jameis Winston: ‘Lions Do Not Accept Opinions of F*cking Sheep!’
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here