“It’s changing every month. To put a sequel together of that magnitude is an enormous undertaking,” Emmerich said. “I sometimes say, ‘No, Will Smith will not be in it,’ because he didn’t want to do it at first. Now, we have a meeting planned and we want to talk about it again. Anything can happen.”
Emmerich previously told the New York Daily News that due to monetary reasons, Smith was out of the project.
“Will Smith cannot come back because he’s too expensive, but he’d also be too much of a marquee name,” Emmerich said at the time. “It would be too much.”
Both Smith’s return to the sequel and the film’s exact release date are both up for discussion. Fox set July 3, 2015 as the film’s release date, but in the Digital Spy interview, Emmerich said it would likely not be ready until 2016.
By the way, speaking of 2016, the original “Independence Day” will turn 20 years old on July 3, 2016.
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here