*“The X Factor,” with new judges Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio joining Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell on the panel, hit series lows with its Season 3 premiere Wednesday.
The one-hour opener drew 6.2 million viewers, down from last season’s two-hour average of 8.7 million. Wednesday’s numbers are also half of the series’ much-hyped premiere marks two years ago (12.5 million).
“The X Factor” did beat NBC’s “Million Second Quiz” (5.2 million) head-to-head, but was edged out by CBS’ “Big Brother”(6.7 million).
Despite the drop-off, Fox still won the night, thanks to the “MasterChef” finale (6.2 million), which grew two-tenths from last week.
Elsewhere, NBC’s America’s Got Talent (9.8 million) and Camp (3.5 million) were down and flat.
Below, one of the few standouts from Wednesday night – 54-year-old (yes, 54) Lillie McCloud.
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Atlanta Police on the Hunt for T.I.-Looking Suspect
- Ne-Yo & Crystal Renay Get Married with Baby Already on the Way
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here