*“The X Factor,” with new judges Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio joining Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell on the panel, hit series lows with its Season 3 premiere Wednesday.
The one-hour opener drew 6.2 million viewers, down from last season’s two-hour average of 8.7 million. Wednesday’s numbers are also half of the series’ much-hyped premiere marks two years ago (12.5 million).
“The X Factor” did beat NBC’s “Million Second Quiz” (5.2 million) head-to-head, but was edged out by CBS’ “Big Brother”(6.7 million).
Despite the drop-off, Fox still won the night, thanks to the “MasterChef” finale (6.2 million), which grew two-tenths from last week.
Elsewhere, NBC’s America’s Got Talent (9.8 million) and Camp (3.5 million) were down and flat.
Below, one of the few standouts from Wednesday night – 54-year-old (yes, 54) Lillie McCloud.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here