*Young Jeezy says he’s dropping the first half of his stage name to reflect his maturity as a “grown man.”
The 35-year-old rapper broke the news during an appearance on MTV’s RapFix Live on Wednesday , when he corrected host Sway Calloway for referring to him by his full moniker.
“It’s Jeezy now,” he told Sway. “I’m grown now. I did enough of that. It sounds good because when I came into the game, that’s what I was and that was my state of mind. But I’m a grown man now. Jeezy. It’s all good. We got a little older now.”
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here