*Young Jeezy says he’s dropping the first half of his stage name to reflect his maturity as a “grown man.”
The 35-year-old rapper broke the news during an appearance on MTV’s RapFix Live on Wednesday , when he corrected host Sway Calloway for referring to him by his full moniker.
“It’s Jeezy now,” he told Sway. “I’m grown now. I did enough of that. It sounds good because when I came into the game, that’s what I was and that was my state of mind. But I’m a grown man now. Jeezy. It’s all good. We got a little older now.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here