*Family, teachers, students and friends are heartbroken.
On Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 11-year-old Elijah Allen died following his collapse on the football field at Vista Heights Middle School in Moreno Valley, CA.
School staff members performed CPR until he was transported to a hospital, but he died at the hospital, reported KTLA.
The sixth grader was loved by all who met him, and is said to have had the kind of personality that found joy in making others’ laugh. He is also remembered as a student that studied hard.
“That kid, he took his time every time he saw me to say something to make me smile, and he did,” said campus supervisor Alvin Kelley. “And I’ve been smiling ever since I met him.”
Last Thursday the school held a vigil for the youngster; and the students – all very emotional – were seen being consoled by their parents, teachers and friends.
Elijah’s family was too overcome to attend.
They are now faced with the task of raising money to bury their child, and the community is taking action and stepping up to help.
Though the cause of Elijah’s death has yet to be determined, according to Riverside County Sheriff’s Sgt. John Del Valle, Elijah had an unspecified medical condition that may prove to be a contributing factor. Del Valle shared this information with CBS.
EURweb journalist, DeBorah B. Pryor, has been in touch with the family; but very little information is available at this time. Please click on the flyer below to show how you can lend your support to this devastated family in their time of need.
Rest in sweet peace, Elijah.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fans Blast Nicki Minaj's Narcissistic Reaction to Zendaya’s Barbie
- Kanye Performing at DNC Fundraiser, Kim Expecting Son on Christmas Day
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here