*Family, teachers, students and friends are heartbroken.
On Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 11-year-old Elijah Allen died following his collapse on the football field at Vista Heights Middle School in Moreno Valley, CA.
School staff members performed CPR until he was transported to a hospital, but he died at the hospital, reported KTLA.
The sixth grader was loved by all who met him, and is said to have had the kind of personality that found joy in making others’ laugh. He is also remembered as a student that studied hard.
“That kid, he took his time every time he saw me to say something to make me smile, and he did,” said campus supervisor Alvin Kelley. “And I’ve been smiling ever since I met him.”
Last Thursday the school held a vigil for the youngster; and the students – all very emotional – were seen being consoled by their parents, teachers and friends.
Elijah’s family was too overcome to attend.
They are now faced with the task of raising money to bury their child, and the community is taking action and stepping up to help.
Though the cause of Elijah’s death has yet to be determined, according to Riverside County Sheriff’s Sgt. John Del Valle, Elijah had an unspecified medical condition that may prove to be a contributing factor. Del Valle shared this information with CBS.
EURweb journalist, DeBorah B. Pryor, has been in touch with the family; but very little information is available at this time. Please click on the flyer below to show how you can lend your support to this devastated family in their time of need.
Rest in sweet peace, Elijah.
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here