*Family, teachers, students and friends are heartbroken.
On Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 11-year-old Elijah Allen died following his collapse on the football field at Vista Heights Middle School in Moreno Valley, CA.
School staff members performed CPR until he was transported to a hospital, but he died at the hospital, reported KTLA.
The sixth grader was loved by all who met him, and is said to have had the kind of personality that found joy in making others’ laugh. He is also remembered as a student that studied hard.
“That kid, he took his time every time he saw me to say something to make me smile, and he did,” said campus supervisor Alvin Kelley. “And I’ve been smiling ever since I met him.”
Last Thursday the school held a vigil for the youngster; and the students – all very emotional – were seen being consoled by their parents, teachers and friends.
Elijah’s family was too overcome to attend.
They are now faced with the task of raising money to bury their child, and the community is taking action and stepping up to help.
Though the cause of Elijah’s death has yet to be determined, according to Riverside County Sheriff’s Sgt. John Del Valle, Elijah had an unspecified medical condition that may prove to be a contributing factor. Del Valle shared this information with CBS.
EURweb journalist, DeBorah B. Pryor, has been in touch with the family; but very little information is available at this time. Please click on the flyer below to show how you can lend your support to this devastated family in their time of need.
Rest in sweet peace, Elijah.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here