*Family, teachers, students and friends are heartbroken.
On Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 11-year-old Elijah Allen died following his collapse on the football field at Vista Heights Middle School in Moreno Valley, CA.
School staff members performed CPR until he was transported to a hospital, but he died at the hospital, reported KTLA.
The sixth grader was loved by all who met him, and is said to have had the kind of personality that found joy in making others’ laugh. He is also remembered as a student that studied hard.
“That kid, he took his time every time he saw me to say something to make me smile, and he did,” said campus supervisor Alvin Kelley. “And I’ve been smiling ever since I met him.”
Last Thursday the school held a vigil for the youngster; and the students – all very emotional – were seen being consoled by their parents, teachers and friends.
Elijah’s family was too overcome to attend.
They are now faced with the task of raising money to bury their child, and the community is taking action and stepping up to help.
Though the cause of Elijah’s death has yet to be determined, according to Riverside County Sheriff’s Sgt. John Del Valle, Elijah had an unspecified medical condition that may prove to be a contributing factor. Del Valle shared this information with CBS.
EURweb journalist, DeBorah B. Pryor, has been in touch with the family; but very little information is available at this time. Please click on the flyer below to show how you can lend your support to this devastated family in their time of need.
Rest in sweet peace, Elijah.
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here