Leaders from various industries such as music, politics, film and science came together for the show to a create a so-called “Dream School.” The school will be for 15 troubled students that have been expelled or dropped out of school in the Los Angeles area.
During an interview with theGrio, 50 shared his reasons for wanting to produce “Dream School” along with the show’s creator Jamie Oliver.
“It’s an opportunity to utilize your celebrity and influence in a positive way,” he said. “Jamie Oliver’s people reached out to me, and the show was previously a success. I knew it would be a success here also. “
“I think it’s easier to receive messages that are not traditional, especially if it’s someone that’s an icon or someone that’s familiar in pop culture. It allows the kids to not be blocked by feeling like this person doesn’t actually understand or doesn’t relate to what’s going on at the moment.”
“Dream School” premieres on the Sundance Channel tonight, October 7, at 10/9c.
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here