*Fans of “American Idol” season 12 winner Candice Glover will have to wait a while longer for new music.
According to Billboard, her debut album, “Music Speaks,” has been pushed from Oct. 8 to Feb.18.
The 23-year-old South Carolina singer, who took the Idol crown May 16, reached the No. 33 position on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart with her coronation single, “I Am Beautiful.”
“I know it’s taking a bit longer than expected to get my album out, but I have been working hard in the studio with some amazing people, and I want to get it just right for you guys!” Glover said in a press release distributed Monday.
When the album does come out, it will feature songs produced by Harvey Mason Jr. (Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake) and Jackie Boyz (Jennifer Lopez).
Since coming off the “American Idol” summer tour, Glover has made a few low-key appearances, including a fundraiser for Beaufort Memorial Hospital’s Keyserling Cancer Center. The “Candice For a Cure” breast cancer concert raised $16,000 for the cause.
Glover will be the first “Idol” winner since Kelly Clarkson to release her first album in the year following her win. (Clarkson was crowned in September 2002 and her debut, “Thankful,” was released seven months later in April 2003.)
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here