*Fans of “American Idol” season 12 winner Candice Glover will have to wait a while longer for new music.
According to Billboard, her debut album, “Music Speaks,” has been pushed from Oct. 8 to Feb.18.
The 23-year-old South Carolina singer, who took the Idol crown May 16, reached the No. 33 position on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart with her coronation single, “I Am Beautiful.”
“I know it’s taking a bit longer than expected to get my album out, but I have been working hard in the studio with some amazing people, and I want to get it just right for you guys!” Glover said in a press release distributed Monday.
When the album does come out, it will feature songs produced by Harvey Mason Jr. (Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake) and Jackie Boyz (Jennifer Lopez).
Since coming off the “American Idol” summer tour, Glover has made a few low-key appearances, including a fundraiser for Beaufort Memorial Hospital’s Keyserling Cancer Center. The “Candice For a Cure” breast cancer concert raised $16,000 for the cause.
Glover will be the first “Idol” winner since Kelly Clarkson to release her first album in the year following her win. (Clarkson was crowned in September 2002 and her debut, “Thankful,” was released seven months later in April 2003.)
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here