*Fans of “American Idol” season 12 winner Candice Glover will have to wait a while longer for new music.
According to Billboard, her debut album, “Music Speaks,” has been pushed from Oct. 8 to Feb.18.
The 23-year-old South Carolina singer, who took the Idol crown May 16, reached the No. 33 position on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart with her coronation single, “I Am Beautiful.”
“I know it’s taking a bit longer than expected to get my album out, but I have been working hard in the studio with some amazing people, and I want to get it just right for you guys!” Glover said in a press release distributed Monday.
When the album does come out, it will feature songs produced by Harvey Mason Jr. (Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake) and Jackie Boyz (Jennifer Lopez).
Since coming off the “American Idol” summer tour, Glover has made a few low-key appearances, including a fundraiser for Beaufort Memorial Hospital’s Keyserling Cancer Center. The “Candice For a Cure” breast cancer concert raised $16,000 for the cause.
Glover will be the first “Idol” winner since Kelly Clarkson to release her first album in the year following her win. (Clarkson was crowned in September 2002 and her debut, “Thankful,” was released seven months later in April 2003.)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here