*Fans of “American Idol” season 12 winner Candice Glover will have to wait a while longer for new music.
According to Billboard, her debut album, “Music Speaks,” has been pushed from Oct. 8 to Feb.18.
The 23-year-old South Carolina singer, who took the Idol crown May 16, reached the No. 33 position on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart with her coronation single, “I Am Beautiful.”
“I know it’s taking a bit longer than expected to get my album out, but I have been working hard in the studio with some amazing people, and I want to get it just right for you guys!” Glover said in a press release distributed Monday.
When the album does come out, it will feature songs produced by Harvey Mason Jr. (Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake) and Jackie Boyz (Jennifer Lopez).
Since coming off the “American Idol” summer tour, Glover has made a few low-key appearances, including a fundraiser for Beaufort Memorial Hospital’s Keyserling Cancer Center. The “Candice For a Cure” breast cancer concert raised $16,000 for the cause.
Glover will be the first “Idol” winner since Kelly Clarkson to release her first album in the year following her win. (Clarkson was crowned in September 2002 and her debut, “Thankful,” was released seven months later in April 2003.)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here