*The latest trend is to give a woman who was married, had kids by or simply dated a celebrity their own shine through reality TV and next up is Kevin Hart’s ex, Torrei Hart.
Torrei confirmed that she has signed on to star in the new show “Atlanta Exes” during her time on the red carpet of the 5th Annual ASCAP “Women Behind the Music Series.”
The rest of the cast for “Atlanta Exes” will include Cee Lo’s ex-wife Christina Johnson, Usher’s ex-wife Tameka Raymond and Idris Elba’s ex-wife Kim Elba with Ne-Yo’s ex Monyetta Shaw participation not been confirmed yet.
On her decision to join the cast, Torrei said, “I just feel like it’s a way to see who I am. In the past I’ve been put out in the press, people have this assumption about me, and it’s a way for people to really get to see who I am. I want to do the show. I think it’s a great opportunity. It’s a great platform, and I’m excited about it.”
She added, “And the women that are on the cast, I really love the women. They’re a great group of women. I think we can empower women, and they can see that reality TV can be positive, it’s not just fighting and negativity.”
Torrei said when she told Kevin about her joining the show, she did promise not to act a fool on national television.
“I did talk to my ex about it and at first he just wanted to know why I wanted to do it, and I just told him I think it’s something I need to do for me. At first he was a little apprehensive about it but once I told him ‘I assure you I will not be fighting, I will not be cussing, I will not embarrass our kids, our family, you have nothing to worry about,’ he was like okay go for it, do it.”
Check out Torrei speaking on “Atlanta Exes” with Hip Hollywood below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here