*Tonight may be the your last chance to see Blair Underwood’s new NBC drama “Ironside.”
Its October 2 bow tied for the lowest rated premiere of a new drama with just 6.8 million viewers, while last Wednesday’s episode dropped to 5.2 million, according to Nielsen. By comparison, 8.8 million watched “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” the winner of Wednesday’s 10 p.m. time slot.
NBC has yet to make any announcement about the series, and may choose to keep it around in hopes that Underwood’s appeal will eventually kick in. The blog “TV By the Numbers,” however, left no room for optimism in its story Tuesday, titled, “NBC: Ironside is Certain to be Cancelled.”
So what is the disconnect with audiences? Are viewers simply growing weary of TV remakes? Are there too many cop dramas already?
Is it the wheelchair?
In August, Underwood spoke at length about the amount of time he spent with a technical advisor in becoming believable as a paraplegic police detective.
Below, a preview of the episode airing Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 10 p.m.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here