*Tonight may be the your last chance to see Blair Underwood’s new NBC drama “Ironside.”
Its October 2 bow tied for the lowest rated premiere of a new drama with just 6.8 million viewers, while last Wednesday’s episode dropped to 5.2 million, according to Nielsen. By comparison, 8.8 million watched “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” the winner of Wednesday’s 10 p.m. time slot.
NBC has yet to make any announcement about the series, and may choose to keep it around in hopes that Underwood’s appeal will eventually kick in. The blog “TV By the Numbers,” however, left no room for optimism in its story Tuesday, titled, “NBC: Ironside is Certain to be Cancelled.”
So what is the disconnect with audiences? Are viewers simply growing weary of TV remakes? Are there too many cop dramas already?
Is it the wheelchair?
In August, Underwood spoke at length about the amount of time he spent with a technical advisor in becoming believable as a paraplegic police detective.
Below, a preview of the episode airing Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 10 p.m.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- New California Law Requires 'Perceived Ethnicity' Documentation by Police
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson's Explosive Expose on How the NRA Terrorizes Congress
- The Film Strip: Hugh Jackman and Garrett Hedlund in 'PAN' playland
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here