*Tonight may be the your last chance to see Blair Underwood’s new NBC drama “Ironside.”
Its October 2 bow tied for the lowest rated premiere of a new drama with just 6.8 million viewers, while last Wednesday’s episode dropped to 5.2 million, according to Nielsen. By comparison, 8.8 million watched “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” the winner of Wednesday’s 10 p.m. time slot.
NBC has yet to make any announcement about the series, and may choose to keep it around in hopes that Underwood’s appeal will eventually kick in. The blog “TV By the Numbers,” however, left no room for optimism in its story Tuesday, titled, “NBC: Ironside is Certain to be Cancelled.”
So what is the disconnect with audiences? Are viewers simply growing weary of TV remakes? Are there too many cop dramas already?
Is it the wheelchair?
In August, Underwood spoke at length about the amount of time he spent with a technical advisor in becoming believable as a paraplegic police detective.
Below, a preview of the episode airing Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 10 p.m.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here