*Tonight may be the your last chance to see Blair Underwood’s new NBC drama “Ironside.”
Its October 2 bow tied for the lowest rated premiere of a new drama with just 6.8 million viewers, while last Wednesday’s episode dropped to 5.2 million, according to Nielsen. By comparison, 8.8 million watched “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” the winner of Wednesday’s 10 p.m. time slot.
NBC has yet to make any announcement about the series, and may choose to keep it around in hopes that Underwood’s appeal will eventually kick in. The blog “TV By the Numbers,” however, left no room for optimism in its story Tuesday, titled, “NBC: Ironside is Certain to be Cancelled.”
So what is the disconnect with audiences? Are viewers simply growing weary of TV remakes? Are there too many cop dramas already?
Is it the wheelchair?
In August, Underwood spoke at length about the amount of time he spent with a technical advisor in becoming believable as a paraplegic police detective.
Below, a preview of the episode airing Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 10 p.m.
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here