*Tonight may be the your last chance to see Blair Underwood’s new NBC drama “Ironside.”
Its October 2 bow tied for the lowest rated premiere of a new drama with just 6.8 million viewers, while last Wednesday’s episode dropped to 5.2 million, according to Nielsen. By comparison, 8.8 million watched “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” the winner of Wednesday’s 10 p.m. time slot.
NBC has yet to make any announcement about the series, and may choose to keep it around in hopes that Underwood’s appeal will eventually kick in. The blog “TV By the Numbers,” however, left no room for optimism in its story Tuesday, titled, “NBC: Ironside is Certain to be Cancelled.”
So what is the disconnect with audiences? Are viewers simply growing weary of TV remakes? Are there too many cop dramas already?
Is it the wheelchair?
In August, Underwood spoke at length about the amount of time he spent with a technical advisor in becoming believable as a paraplegic police detective.
Below, a preview of the episode airing Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 10 p.m.
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here