*Sad news for Blair Underwood.
NBC’s much-hyped remake of “Ironside,” with Blair Underwood replacing Raymond Burr in the wheelchair, is now tied with ABC’s “Lucky 7” as the lowest-rated new series premiere this fall.
The hour drew 6.8 million total viewers and a 1.4 demo rating — down 16 percent in the demo from “Chicago Fire’s” year-ago debut in the 10 p.m. Wednesday slot.
“Ironside” shed 30 percent of its “SVU” lead-in and represented NBC’s lowest-rated fall drama debut ever.
By comparison, the night’s other newcomer, ABC’s “Super Fun Night,” with comedian Rebel Wilson, drew 8.2 million, giving ABC its best Wednesday comedy debut in four years and standing as this fall’s No. 2 comedy launch (trailing CBS’ “The Crazy Ones” with Robin Williams).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here