*Sad news for Blair Underwood.
NBC’s much-hyped remake of “Ironside,” with Blair Underwood replacing Raymond Burr in the wheelchair, is now tied with ABC’s “Lucky 7” as the lowest-rated new series premiere this fall.
The hour drew 6.8 million total viewers and a 1.4 demo rating — down 16 percent in the demo from “Chicago Fire’s” year-ago debut in the 10 p.m. Wednesday slot.
“Ironside” shed 30 percent of its “SVU” lead-in and represented NBC’s lowest-rated fall drama debut ever.
By comparison, the night’s other newcomer, ABC’s “Super Fun Night,” with comedian Rebel Wilson, drew 8.2 million, giving ABC its best Wednesday comedy debut in four years and standing as this fall’s No. 2 comedy launch (trailing CBS’ “The Crazy Ones” with Robin Williams).
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here