*Sad news for Blair Underwood.
NBC’s much-hyped remake of “Ironside,” with Blair Underwood replacing Raymond Burr in the wheelchair, is now tied with ABC’s “Lucky 7” as the lowest-rated new series premiere this fall.
The hour drew 6.8 million total viewers and a 1.4 demo rating — down 16 percent in the demo from “Chicago Fire’s” year-ago debut in the 10 p.m. Wednesday slot.
“Ironside” shed 30 percent of its “SVU” lead-in and represented NBC’s lowest-rated fall drama debut ever.
By comparison, the night’s other newcomer, ABC’s “Super Fun Night,” with comedian Rebel Wilson, drew 8.2 million, giving ABC its best Wednesday comedy debut in four years and standing as this fall’s No. 2 comedy launch (trailing CBS’ “The Crazy Ones” with Robin Williams).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here