*Sad news for Blair Underwood.
NBC’s much-hyped remake of “Ironside,” with Blair Underwood replacing Raymond Burr in the wheelchair, is now tied with ABC’s “Lucky 7” as the lowest-rated new series premiere this fall.
The hour drew 6.8 million total viewers and a 1.4 demo rating — down 16 percent in the demo from “Chicago Fire’s” year-ago debut in the 10 p.m. Wednesday slot.
“Ironside” shed 30 percent of its “SVU” lead-in and represented NBC’s lowest-rated fall drama debut ever.
By comparison, the night’s other newcomer, ABC’s “Super Fun Night,” with comedian Rebel Wilson, drew 8.2 million, giving ABC its best Wednesday comedy debut in four years and standing as this fall’s No. 2 comedy launch (trailing CBS’ “The Crazy Ones” with Robin Williams).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here