*Sad news for Blair Underwood.
NBC’s much-hyped remake of “Ironside,” with Blair Underwood replacing Raymond Burr in the wheelchair, is now tied with ABC’s “Lucky 7” as the lowest-rated new series premiere this fall.
The hour drew 6.8 million total viewers and a 1.4 demo rating — down 16 percent in the demo from “Chicago Fire’s” year-ago debut in the 10 p.m. Wednesday slot.
“Ironside” shed 30 percent of its “SVU” lead-in and represented NBC’s lowest-rated fall drama debut ever.
By comparison, the night’s other newcomer, ABC’s “Super Fun Night,” with comedian Rebel Wilson, drew 8.2 million, giving ABC its best Wednesday comedy debut in four years and standing as this fall’s No. 2 comedy launch (trailing CBS’ “The Crazy Ones” with Robin Williams).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here