*Fox just gave a huge vote of confidence to its Andy Samberg/Andre Braugher series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”
The freshman sitcom, which probably has more critical acclaim than viewers, just got an additional order of nine episodes from the network for a full season of 22 shows, and was chosen to air alongside “New Girl” after the network’s broadcast of Super Bowl XLVIII on February 2.
“It’s exciting to see that both critics and fans love “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” as much as we do,” said Fox Entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly. “With Andy and Andre out in front of this incredible ensemble, it feels like this show is going to be around for a long time.”
The workplace cop comedy hails from the Emmy Award-winning writer/producers of NBC’s “Parks and Recreation.” The laughs come from opposites Samberg, who plays a hotshot detective, and his serious, by-the-book captain played by Braugher.
Below, Braugher tells us what sold him on taking the role.
“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” airs Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. on FOX. Watch a sneak peek of the next episode “Halloween” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here