*Fox just gave a huge vote of confidence to its Andy Samberg/Andre Braugher series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”
The freshman sitcom, which probably has more critical acclaim than viewers, just got an additional order of nine episodes from the network for a full season of 22 shows, and was chosen to air alongside “New Girl” after the network’s broadcast of Super Bowl XLVIII on February 2.
“It’s exciting to see that both critics and fans love “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” as much as we do,” said Fox Entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly. “With Andy and Andre out in front of this incredible ensemble, it feels like this show is going to be around for a long time.”
The workplace cop comedy hails from the Emmy Award-winning writer/producers of NBC’s “Parks and Recreation.” The laughs come from opposites Samberg, who plays a hotshot detective, and his serious, by-the-book captain played by Braugher.
Below, Braugher tells us what sold him on taking the role.
“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” airs Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. on FOX. Watch a sneak peek of the next episode “Halloween” below.
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here