*Fox just gave a huge vote of confidence to its Andy Samberg/Andre Braugher series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”
The freshman sitcom, which probably has more critical acclaim than viewers, just got an additional order of nine episodes from the network for a full season of 22 shows, and was chosen to air alongside “New Girl” after the network’s broadcast of Super Bowl XLVIII on February 2.
“It’s exciting to see that both critics and fans love “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” as much as we do,” said Fox Entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly. “With Andy and Andre out in front of this incredible ensemble, it feels like this show is going to be around for a long time.”
The workplace cop comedy hails from the Emmy Award-winning writer/producers of NBC’s “Parks and Recreation.” The laughs come from opposites Samberg, who plays a hotshot detective, and his serious, by-the-book captain played by Braugher.
Below, Braugher tells us what sold him on taking the role.
“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” airs Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. on FOX. Watch a sneak peek of the next episode “Halloween” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here