*Fox just gave a huge vote of confidence to its Andy Samberg/Andre Braugher series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”
The freshman sitcom, which probably has more critical acclaim than viewers, just got an additional order of nine episodes from the network for a full season of 22 shows, and was chosen to air alongside “New Girl” after the network’s broadcast of Super Bowl XLVIII on February 2.
“It’s exciting to see that both critics and fans love “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” as much as we do,” said Fox Entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly. “With Andy and Andre out in front of this incredible ensemble, it feels like this show is going to be around for a long time.”
The workplace cop comedy hails from the Emmy Award-winning writer/producers of NBC’s “Parks and Recreation.” The laughs come from opposites Samberg, who plays a hotshot detective, and his serious, by-the-book captain played by Braugher.
Below, Braugher tells us what sold him on taking the role.
“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” airs Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. on FOX. Watch a sneak peek of the next episode “Halloween” below.
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here