*It’s no secret by now that NeNe Leakes is the highest paid housewife on the Bravo franchise. But the others are definitely making the best of their ’15-minutes of fame.’
Cynthia Bailey for example, is using her time on the show to develop her own entrepreneurial efforts, like her modeling agency; and most recently, she became the spokesperson for SoftSheen-Carson.
In an interview with HuffPost Black Voices, the reality star and model chatted about the many roles she’s playing on and off the screen.
Is there a secret to successfully wearing so many hats?
I don’t think there is a secret. I have a great work ethic. I really am learning how to prioritize things, between being a wife, a mom; I still have my modeling career going on, I have my business, the Bailey Agency School of Fashion, and I’m also on a little reality TV show that takes up a lot of my time. But I do make time for my family and my friends, because I need the balance of both.
The Bailey Agency is approaching its second anniversary this summer. What are the biggest lessons in getting that off the ground?
Even though I like being a boss, it’s hard. Sometimes you have to fire people; I want things done a certain way. I love my staff and I have a little problem with being super nice to everybody and I forget that they actually work for me. So when I have to flip into boss mode, it’s challenging. I really do only have people around me that I really care about.
Check out the full interview here.
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here