*Diddy is reportedly planning to produce and star in a remake of cult 1990 gangster movie, “King of New York.”
The 43-year-old star – real name Sean Combs – is teaming with Oscar-winning director and producer Brian Grazer for a fresh take on Abel Ferrara’s film, which starred Christopher Walken, Laurence Fishburne and Wesley Snipes.
A source told the New York Post newspaper: “Sean optioned the rights to remake ‘King of New York’ for two years. The film is a cult classic, and it will be great to remake it. Our version won’t be exactly the same, but will have the same hard-core gangster feel.
“Sean wants to be in it, he was amazing in ‘Monster’s Ball’, and such strong characters sit perfectly with him.”
The dark drama follows a reformed drug lord who becomes a modern-day Robin Hood by redistributing his profits to the poor living in New York City’s deprived areas.
As well as appearing in “Monster’s Ball,” Diddy has had minor roles in “Get Him to the Greek” and “Made” and has parts in upcoming films “Draft Day” and “Muppets Most Wanted.”
Below, a scene from “The King of New York.”
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here