*Diddy is reportedly planning to produce and star in a remake of cult 1990 gangster movie, “King of New York.”
The 43-year-old star – real name Sean Combs – is teaming with Oscar-winning director and producer Brian Grazer for a fresh take on Abel Ferrara’s film, which starred Christopher Walken, Laurence Fishburne and Wesley Snipes.
A source told the New York Post newspaper: “Sean optioned the rights to remake ‘King of New York’ for two years. The film is a cult classic, and it will be great to remake it. Our version won’t be exactly the same, but will have the same hard-core gangster feel.
“Sean wants to be in it, he was amazing in ‘Monster’s Ball’, and such strong characters sit perfectly with him.”
The dark drama follows a reformed drug lord who becomes a modern-day Robin Hood by redistributing his profits to the poor living in New York City’s deprived areas.
As well as appearing in “Monster’s Ball,” Diddy has had minor roles in “Get Him to the Greek” and “Made” and has parts in upcoming films “Draft Day” and “Muppets Most Wanted.”
Below, a scene from “The King of New York.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here