*Diddy is reportedly planning to produce and star in a remake of cult 1990 gangster movie, “King of New York.”
The 43-year-old star – real name Sean Combs – is teaming with Oscar-winning director and producer Brian Grazer for a fresh take on Abel Ferrara’s film, which starred Christopher Walken, Laurence Fishburne and Wesley Snipes.
A source told the New York Post newspaper: “Sean optioned the rights to remake ‘King of New York’ for two years. The film is a cult classic, and it will be great to remake it. Our version won’t be exactly the same, but will have the same hard-core gangster feel.
“Sean wants to be in it, he was amazing in ‘Monster’s Ball’, and such strong characters sit perfectly with him.”
The dark drama follows a reformed drug lord who becomes a modern-day Robin Hood by redistributing his profits to the poor living in New York City’s deprived areas.
As well as appearing in “Monster’s Ball,” Diddy has had minor roles in “Get Him to the Greek” and “Made” and has parts in upcoming films “Draft Day” and “Muppets Most Wanted.”
Below, a scene from “The King of New York.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here