*Diddy is reportedly planning to produce and star in a remake of cult 1990 gangster movie, “King of New York.”
The 43-year-old star – real name Sean Combs – is teaming with Oscar-winning director and producer Brian Grazer for a fresh take on Abel Ferrara’s film, which starred Christopher Walken, Laurence Fishburne and Wesley Snipes.
A source told the New York Post newspaper: “Sean optioned the rights to remake ‘King of New York’ for two years. The film is a cult classic, and it will be great to remake it. Our version won’t be exactly the same, but will have the same hard-core gangster feel.
“Sean wants to be in it, he was amazing in ‘Monster’s Ball’, and such strong characters sit perfectly with him.”
The dark drama follows a reformed drug lord who becomes a modern-day Robin Hood by redistributing his profits to the poor living in New York City’s deprived areas.
As well as appearing in “Monster’s Ball,” Diddy has had minor roles in “Get Him to the Greek” and “Made” and has parts in upcoming films “Draft Day” and “Muppets Most Wanted.”
Below, a scene from “The King of New York.”
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here