*Madame Tussauds in London pulled out all the stops to reveal its touring wax figure of Whitney Houston.
The famous visitor attraction enlisted the help of a full gospel choir to unveil the satue earlier today (Oct. 21), which was created in the singer’s honor following her death in February 2012.
The likeness was originally unveiled at Madame Tussauds’ New York museum earlier this year by members of Whitney’s family – including her mother Cissy Houston – but it is now being exhibited outside of the US for the first time.
The figure – one of four capturing Nippy at various stages of her career – is inspired by her appearance in the promotional art for her 2009 comeback album “I Look to You.” It sees her adorned in a floor-length gown with her arms outstretched.
Madame Tussauds’ Nicole Fenner said: “We are very excited to be welcoming Whitney Houston on to our London music stage for the next eight weeks. “This is a very special figure as it was created after Whitney’s very sad and untimely death with the close co-operation of her family, who were delighted by the results.”
The wax figure’s debut was backed by a rousing performance from the London Gospel Factory Choir, and the group’s artistic director Colin Vassell was honored to be part of the special moment.
”Whitney Houston is one of the most talented singers of her – or any – generation and we were delighted to welcome her wax figure to London,” he said. ”She is a personal hero of mine so to get to stand alongside her and sing was a slightly surreal but awesome experience.
”We chose a song she performed in the film ‘The Preacher’s Wife’ because it is so uplifting and great fun to perform. We hope we did her justice.”
Watch the performance below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here