The gospel great was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after falling ill in the shower at his L.A. home, according to TMZ.
The 71-year-old Grammy winner behind “Let the Church Say Amen” tells us he was “overcome by heat” during his shower … and shouted for his assistant and his twin sister to call for help.
An ambulance arrived to the scene — and Crouch was transported to a nearby hospital. A few hours later, doctors determined Crouch was OK, and he was cleared to go home.
We spoke to Crouch … who tells us he suffers from diabetes and suspects his condition contributed to the incident in the shower.
Update: Andrae Crouch says he feels better now, but adds, “Diabetes is no fun.”
He also said, “Thanks to all my fans for all your prayers and support.”
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here