The gospel great was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after falling ill in the shower at his L.A. home, according to TMZ.
The 71-year-old Grammy winner behind “Let the Church Say Amen” tells us he was “overcome by heat” during his shower … and shouted for his assistant and his twin sister to call for help.
An ambulance arrived to the scene — and Crouch was transported to a nearby hospital. A few hours later, doctors determined Crouch was OK, and he was cleared to go home.
We spoke to Crouch … who tells us he suffers from diabetes and suspects his condition contributed to the incident in the shower.
Update: Andrae Crouch says he feels better now, but adds, “Diabetes is no fun.”
He also said, “Thanks to all my fans for all your prayers and support.”
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here