The gospel great was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after falling ill in the shower at his L.A. home, according to TMZ.
The 71-year-old Grammy winner behind “Let the Church Say Amen” tells us he was “overcome by heat” during his shower … and shouted for his assistant and his twin sister to call for help.
An ambulance arrived to the scene — and Crouch was transported to a nearby hospital. A few hours later, doctors determined Crouch was OK, and he was cleared to go home.
We spoke to Crouch … who tells us he suffers from diabetes and suspects his condition contributed to the incident in the shower.
Update: Andrae Crouch says he feels better now, but adds, “Diabetes is no fun.”
He also said, “Thanks to all my fans for all your prayers and support.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here