On the episode we see life coach Iyanla Vanzant travel to Alexander City, Alabama to visit Owens in his hometown who needed some guidance to work through a personal crisis which threatens his future.
Terrell still had many unresolved issues from his past that were spilling over into the present in a negative way and Iyanla agreed to assist him in finding the first step toward mending the broken pieces from his life, career and relationships.
The special gives us more insight in Terrell’s past and childhood as he opens up in sessions about not getting to see his mother that much growing up and not knowing who his father was. The emotional one-on-one sessions uncovered a deep sense of abandonment that still lingered with Owens and led to much of his bad behavior and misunderstood attitude.
It becomes clear that in order to fix the relationship he has with his own children, he must resolve the feelings he has towards both his mother and father which will take time and openness.
After the Nov. 2 premiere, new episodes of “Iyanla: Fix My Life” will continue to air weekly on Saturdays at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on OWN. The series is produced by Harpo Productions, Inc.
In the heart wrenching video clip below, Vanzant tells a crying Owens, “You’ve become a victim of your talent”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- TV One's 'News Now' Devotes Show to NAACP Image Awards
- Derek Fisher Fired As Head Coach of the Knicks
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Secret Chapter 13 Filing Puts Tyga in Bankrupt Mode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here