On the episode we see life coach Iyanla Vanzant travel to Alexander City, Alabama to visit Owens in his hometown who needed some guidance to work through a personal crisis which threatens his future.
Terrell still had many unresolved issues from his past that were spilling over into the present in a negative way and Iyanla agreed to assist him in finding the first step toward mending the broken pieces from his life, career and relationships.
The special gives us more insight in Terrell’s past and childhood as he opens up in sessions about not getting to see his mother that much growing up and not knowing who his father was. The emotional one-on-one sessions uncovered a deep sense of abandonment that still lingered with Owens and led to much of his bad behavior and misunderstood attitude.
It becomes clear that in order to fix the relationship he has with his own children, he must resolve the feelings he has towards both his mother and father which will take time and openness.
After the Nov. 2 premiere, new episodes of “Iyanla: Fix My Life” will continue to air weekly on Saturdays at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on OWN. The series is produced by Harpo Productions, Inc.
In the heart wrenching video clip below, Vanzant tells a crying Owens, “You’ve become a victim of your talent”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here