*The Jacksons are set to salute music mogul Berry Gordy by performing in his honor at an upcoming gala for Ebony magazine.
The Motown Records founder will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award at the publication’s annual Power 100 celebration in New York next month and Michael Jackson’s brothers will hit the stage to pay tribute.
Gordy famously signed the band, then fronted by a young Michael and known as The Jackson 5, to the legendary label in 1968, giving them their first big break in the music industry.
The cast of Broadway’s Motown The Musical, which tells Gordy’s life story, will also perform at the event.
Other honorees who made the Power 100 list include “Scandal” star Kerry Washington, director Lee Daniels, actor Michael B. Jordan, musician-turned-activist Harry Belafonte and President Barack Obama, who has been named Powerbroker of the Year.
Nick Cannon will host the Power 100 ceremony at the Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Frederick P. Rose Hall on Nov. 4.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here