*The Jacksons are set to salute music mogul Berry Gordy by performing in his honor at an upcoming gala for Ebony magazine.
The Motown Records founder will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award at the publication’s annual Power 100 celebration in New York next month and Michael Jackson’s brothers will hit the stage to pay tribute.
Gordy famously signed the band, then fronted by a young Michael and known as The Jackson 5, to the legendary label in 1968, giving them their first big break in the music industry.
The cast of Broadway’s Motown The Musical, which tells Gordy’s life story, will also perform at the event.
Other honorees who made the Power 100 list include “Scandal” star Kerry Washington, director Lee Daniels, actor Michael B. Jordan, musician-turned-activist Harry Belafonte and President Barack Obama, who has been named Powerbroker of the Year.
Nick Cannon will host the Power 100 ceremony at the Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Frederick P. Rose Hall on Nov. 4.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here