*The rumor was started by InTouch, which posted a story Tuesday morning with the headline, “Multiple Sources Confirm: Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are Dating.”
The article featured sources who had witnessed the pair making covert, ninja-style trips in and out of Holmes’ apartment and Foxx’s hotel room in New York City. It referenced their recent public display of affection, dancing together at a charity function in the Hamptons in August. (After that incident, Holmes’ publicist had to issue a statement, clarifying the stars’ relationship: “They’re not dating. They’ve been friends for years.”)
No doubt anticipating doubters, this week’s InTouch story reminded readers that Foxx, 45, once told Oprah Winfrey, “Whoever you’re dating, don’t let anybody know!” The story also pointed out that it was in Foxx’s best interest to keep the love affair under wraps, because he’s close friends with Holmes’ ex, Tom Cruise, his co-star in the 2004 film “Collateral.”
Needless to say, Foxx has come forward to shoot down the rumors once and for all. He told Nancy O’Dell on Tuesday’s “Entertainment Tonight”: “[The rumors] are 100 percent not true. In fact, it’s quite hilarious because we simply danced at a charity event along with a lot of other people.”
Watch their dance below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here