*The rumor was started by InTouch, which posted a story Tuesday morning with the headline, “Multiple Sources Confirm: Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are Dating.”
The article featured sources who had witnessed the pair making covert, ninja-style trips in and out of Holmes’ apartment and Foxx’s hotel room in New York City. It referenced their recent public display of affection, dancing together at a charity function in the Hamptons in August. (After that incident, Holmes’ publicist had to issue a statement, clarifying the stars’ relationship: “They’re not dating. They’ve been friends for years.”)
No doubt anticipating doubters, this week’s InTouch story reminded readers that Foxx, 45, once told Oprah Winfrey, “Whoever you’re dating, don’t let anybody know!” The story also pointed out that it was in Foxx’s best interest to keep the love affair under wraps, because he’s close friends with Holmes’ ex, Tom Cruise, his co-star in the 2004 film “Collateral.”
Needless to say, Foxx has come forward to shoot down the rumors once and for all. He told Nancy O’Dell on Tuesday’s “Entertainment Tonight”: “[The rumors] are 100 percent not true. In fact, it’s quite hilarious because we simply danced at a charity event along with a lot of other people.”
Watch their dance below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here