*The rumor was started by InTouch, which posted a story Tuesday morning with the headline, “Multiple Sources Confirm: Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are Dating.”
The article featured sources who had witnessed the pair making covert, ninja-style trips in and out of Holmes’ apartment and Foxx’s hotel room in New York City. It referenced their recent public display of affection, dancing together at a charity function in the Hamptons in August. (After that incident, Holmes’ publicist had to issue a statement, clarifying the stars’ relationship: “They’re not dating. They’ve been friends for years.”)
No doubt anticipating doubters, this week’s InTouch story reminded readers that Foxx, 45, once told Oprah Winfrey, “Whoever you’re dating, don’t let anybody know!” The story also pointed out that it was in Foxx’s best interest to keep the love affair under wraps, because he’s close friends with Holmes’ ex, Tom Cruise, his co-star in the 2004 film “Collateral.”
Needless to say, Foxx has come forward to shoot down the rumors once and for all. He told Nancy O’Dell on Tuesday’s “Entertainment Tonight”: “[The rumors] are 100 percent not true. In fact, it’s quite hilarious because we simply danced at a charity event along with a lot of other people.”
Watch their dance below.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here