*Singer-songwriter Jill Scott is calling for an end to all the music artists pretending to be something that they’re not and perpetrating lavish lifestyles in there songs or videos that they have yet to experience.
Instead Scott says they should enjoy what they have while working towards something bigger and better instead of faking the funk.
“What I see is trying to make sure that everybody thinks you have more than what you actually have,” she explained to the “Breakfast Club” crew at New York’s Power 105.1.
“What’s the point if you actually don’t have it? If you don’t have it, then you don’t have it. Have what you have. Enjoy that,” she advised.
Scott is never one to really name names so she left her statements up for the audience’s interpretation of who it’s meant for but made it clear that she is the business more for the art than material gain.
“The craft is everything,” she said. “Don’t be afraid of not being the wealthiest person in the room. Be the smartest person in the room. Be the slickest person in the room. Be the most creative person in the room. Be the most entertaining person in the room. Just be in the room,” she said.
Jill also talks about the two albums she’s working on. Watch it below.
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Judge Joe Brown in Jail for Contempt of Court (Listen to Him Challenge the Judge)
- Christina Milian Mourns Death of Newborn Nephew
- Spike Lee to Receive Honorary Academy Award
- IK Enemkpali Once Punched Man He Thought Was a Female Prostitute
- Hillary Clinton Disrupted by #BlackLivesMatter Protesters in Cleveland (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here