*Singer-songwriter Jill Scott is calling for an end to all the music artists pretending to be something that they’re not and perpetrating lavish lifestyles in there songs or videos that they have yet to experience.
Instead Scott says they should enjoy what they have while working towards something bigger and better instead of faking the funk.
“What I see is trying to make sure that everybody thinks you have more than what you actually have,” she explained to the “Breakfast Club” crew at New York’s Power 105.1.
“What’s the point if you actually don’t have it? If you don’t have it, then you don’t have it. Have what you have. Enjoy that,” she advised.
Scott is never one to really name names so she left her statements up for the audience’s interpretation of who it’s meant for but made it clear that she is the business more for the art than material gain.
“The craft is everything,” she said. “Don’t be afraid of not being the wealthiest person in the room. Be the smartest person in the room. Be the slickest person in the room. Be the most creative person in the room. Be the most entertaining person in the room. Just be in the room,” she said.
Jill also talks about the two albums she’s working on. Watch it below.
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here