*Singer-songwriter Jill Scott is calling for an end to all the music artists pretending to be something that they’re not and perpetrating lavish lifestyles in there songs or videos that they have yet to experience.
Instead Scott says they should enjoy what they have while working towards something bigger and better instead of faking the funk.
“What I see is trying to make sure that everybody thinks you have more than what you actually have,” she explained to the “Breakfast Club” crew at New York’s Power 105.1.
“What’s the point if you actually don’t have it? If you don’t have it, then you don’t have it. Have what you have. Enjoy that,” she advised.
Scott is never one to really name names so she left her statements up for the audience’s interpretation of who it’s meant for but made it clear that she is the business more for the art than material gain.
“The craft is everything,” she said. “Don’t be afraid of not being the wealthiest person in the room. Be the smartest person in the room. Be the slickest person in the room. Be the most creative person in the room. Be the most entertaining person in the room. Just be in the room,” she said.
Jill also talks about the two albums she’s working on. Watch it below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here