*K. Michelle, Tamar Braxton and Jennifer Hudson are among the names announced Thursday as performers for the 2013 Soul Train Awards.
The fifth annual show is being taped on Nov. 8 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas. It will premiere on Centric and BET on Dec. 1 at 8 p.m. ET.
Rounding out the performer lineup thus far: Smokey Robinson, Wale, Kem, Chrisette Michelle, Eric Benét, Ronald Isley, Bobby Caldwell, Joss Stone and “American Idol” season 12 winner Candice Glover.
Notes Robinson: “I’m very excited to be a part of this year’s Soul Train Awards. I’m thrilled that the show is honoring Dionne Warwick — one of my favorite people — and that I’ll be performing in tribute to her.”
Rapper Kendrick Lamar leads with six award nominations, including best new artist, album of the year and song of the year. Tied with five nominations each are Miguel, Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke, Chris Brown and Braxton. Actor/comedian Anthony Anderson will host.
CENTRIC exec. VP/GM Paxton Baker says the network is “80- to 90-percent finished” with the show’s booking and adds there are a “couple of big surprises we are close to closing.”
After three years in Atlanta, this marks the award show’s second year in Las Vegas. Notes Baker, “Don Cornelius shaped Soul Train into the premier place to celebrate soul and the African-American culture, and its legacy is just as meaningful today.”
In addition to the Soul Train Awards, CENTRIC also presents the annual Soul Train Cruise. Gladys Knight and Earth, Wind & Fire are among the headliners for the current cruise (Oct. 5-12) in Mexico.
The next cruise takes place Feb. 23-March 2, with stops in the Caribbean ports of St. Maarten, St. Barths and Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. Headliners include Charlie Wilson, the Isley Brothers, Roberta Flack and Stephanie Mills.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here