*The “Yeezus” tour started on a high note Saturday, as Kanye West donned a shirt with a photo of Kim Kardashian nude on it as promotion for the seven-week concert series.
But the opening show in Seattle that night was delayed two hours due to a stolen equipment truck, and the second show in Vancouver was flat-out canceled at the last moment, according to The Hollywood Gossip.
At 2:26 p.m. Sunday, the Twitter feed for the Rogers Arena in Canada informed would-be attendees that the event had been postponed until Halloween night because of “unforeseen circumstances.”
Numerous fans complained online of wasted travel expenses and missed work days, with some so taken aback by the cancelation that they wondered if the arena’s Twitter page had been hacked.
“Sorry, we’re disappointed too. But no hackers here,” the venue wrote in response. “So sorry to hear. Unfortunate circumstances for everyone involved.”
Kanye has not elaborated on the reason for the rescheduling, but his official website now reflects the new tour dates.
As for what fans can expect when West does actually take the stage for them?
His Seattle concert featured a 60-foot tall mountain set, dozens of female dancers, a Jesus Christ lookalike and West wearing various masks for a majority of the two-plus hour set.
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here