According to KeKe Palmer, anyone who thinks colorism in the industry is a thing of the past is sadly mistaken.
Palmer recently made an appearance at the Hollywood Confidential Panel in Los Angeles where she revealed that she once wanted to have lighter skin so that she could be beautiful.
“When I was like 5 years old I used to pray to have light skin because I would always hear how pretty that little light skin girl was, or I would hear I was pretty ‘to be dark skinned.’ It wasn’t until I was 13 that I really learned to appreciate my skin color and know that I was beautiful,” she said.
The singer-actress faced skin bleaching rumors after photos appeared online showing her as much lighter, rumors that she quickly denied. “We need to stop separating ourselves by how dark or how light we are. I have been the same complexion all my life and if you think otherwise don’t follow me.”
On the panel was also actress Kimberly Elise; who added that African-Americans need to participate in the color spectrum in both Hollywood and the community.
Gabrielle Union joined Viola Davis, Alfre Woodard, Phylicia Rashad and Oprah to discuss colorism in Hollywood, but the conversation quickly turned within to the pressures black women put on themselves.
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- EUR Quickie: Shocking Photo! ... Can U Guess Who This is?
- Janet Jackson Releases Title Track from ‘Unbreakable’ (Listen)
- Criminal Charges Recommended for Camper Accused of Terrorizing Black Family
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here