*“X Factor” judge Kelly Rowland was on a charter boat that got lost recently when the captain became disoriented during choppy weather.
“I remember thinking to myself, ‘Lord, please don’t let this boat capsize,” Rowland told People during the Television Critics Association tour.
“Please let us get to shore in one safe, sound piece. I just want to see tomorrow. No more shore, no more land, we’re seeing no more of the buoys, no more of the boats passing by — it’s just in the middle of nowhere, so we realized that we’re lost,” she told the gossip magazine.
It was last July when Rowland was out on the private whale watching expedition turned nightmare. The ship got lost in the fog and 5-foot waves roughly 30 miles of shore. According to the news, the captain of the towboat, Noah Santos, sent out a dispatch to bring the lost boat back to shore.
“It was pretty rocky out there, from what they told me,” Santos said.
Rowland says she and her companions were unable to call for help at first because of poor cell reception.
“I was like, ‘Please, Lord, give me two bars,'” she remembers. “He gave me two bars and we contacted some folks that were on land and they helped us.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here