*Kelly Rowland‘s estranged father, Christopher Lovett, wants his daughter back in his life “before it’s too late.”
Lovett, 67, hasn’t spoken to Kelly in over 20 years and he feels it’s time they let bygones be bygones.
“So many previous years have passed and I’m getting old,” he tells Star magazine. “I just pray she comes back into my life before it’s too late.”
Dear ol’ dad is coming clean about the abuse he meted out to Kelly’s mother Doris that put him on the outs with his daughter for over two decades. He now hopes he can make amends for his past behavior.
“I couldn’t control it. I hoped I could make it up to her. But I’m still waiting for that day,” he said.
Lovett also says on numerous occasions he tried to contact Rowland, but to no avail (hmm, we wonder why?).
“Whenever [Destiny’s Child] was on the cover of a magazine, I would call and beg them to tell her I was looking for her,” he said.
In a previous interview, Kelly, 32, said she would like to reunite with her father before dies, but on the other hand, she’s not exactly in a hurry to do so.
“I do have a desire to speak to him,” she said in a 2011 interview. “But I have to be ready when I make that decision, and I don’t want to hurry myself. I’ve been without him for more than 20 years.”
Bottom line, Christopher Lovett wants his daughter to know this one thing: “I love you with all my heart.”
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here