*Kelly Rowland‘s estranged father, Christopher Lovett, wants his daughter back in his life “before it’s too late.”
Lovett, 67, hasn’t spoken to Kelly in over 20 years and he feels it’s time they let bygones be bygones.
“So many previous years have passed and I’m getting old,” he tells Star magazine. “I just pray she comes back into my life before it’s too late.”
Dear ol’ dad is coming clean about the abuse he meted out to Kelly’s mother Doris that put him on the outs with his daughter for over two decades. He now hopes he can make amends for his past behavior.
“I couldn’t control it. I hoped I could make it up to her. But I’m still waiting for that day,” he said.
Lovett also says on numerous occasions he tried to contact Rowland, but to no avail (hmm, we wonder why?).
“Whenever [Destiny’s Child] was on the cover of a magazine, I would call and beg them to tell her I was looking for her,” he said.
In a previous interview, Kelly, 32, said she would like to reunite with her father before dies, but on the other hand, she’s not exactly in a hurry to do so.
“I do have a desire to speak to him,” she said in a 2011 interview. “But I have to be ready when I make that decision, and I don’t want to hurry myself. I’ve been without him for more than 20 years.”
Bottom line, Christopher Lovett wants his daughter to know this one thing: “I love you with all my heart.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here