*Kelly Rowland‘s estranged father, Christopher Lovett, wants his daughter back in his life “before it’s too late.”
Lovett, 67, hasn’t spoken to Kelly in over 20 years and he feels it’s time they let bygones be bygones.
“So many previous years have passed and I’m getting old,” he tells Star magazine. “I just pray she comes back into my life before it’s too late.”
Dear ol’ dad is coming clean about the abuse he meted out to Kelly’s mother Doris that put him on the outs with his daughter for over two decades. He now hopes he can make amends for his past behavior.
“I couldn’t control it. I hoped I could make it up to her. But I’m still waiting for that day,” he said.
Lovett also says on numerous occasions he tried to contact Rowland, but to no avail (hmm, we wonder why?).
“Whenever [Destiny’s Child] was on the cover of a magazine, I would call and beg them to tell her I was looking for her,” he said.
In a previous interview, Kelly, 32, said she would like to reunite with her father before dies, but on the other hand, she’s not exactly in a hurry to do so.
“I do have a desire to speak to him,” she said in a 2011 interview. “But I have to be ready when I make that decision, and I don’t want to hurry myself. I’ve been without him for more than 20 years.”
Bottom line, Christopher Lovett wants his daughter to know this one thing: “I love you with all my heart.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here