*As criticism of “Saturday Night Live’s” lack of black female cast members escalated this week after zero were included in its list of new hires, suddenly, the producers have announced that a black woman will serve as guest host next month.
“SNL” revealed this morning that “Scandal” star Kerry Washington will make her guest-hosting debut on Nov. 2.
As previously reported, “SNL” cast member Kenan Thompson made headlines yesterday when he told TV Guide that, yes, it’s the show’s sixth consecutive year without a black female cast member because, turns out, there are just no black female comics out there who are qualified for the gig.
“It’s just a tough part of the business,” Thompson said. “Like in auditions, they just never find ones that are ready.” When asked how the show plans to handle any spoofs of black female celebrities, Thompson responded, “I don’t know. We just haven’t done them. That’s what I’m saying. Maybe [Jay Pharoah] will do it or something, but even he doesn’t really want to do it.”
Eminem will be the musical guest for Washington’s broadcast.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here