*As criticism of “Saturday Night Live’s” lack of black female cast members escalated this week after zero were included in its list of new hires, suddenly, the producers have announced that a black woman will serve as guest host next month.
“SNL” revealed this morning that “Scandal” star Kerry Washington will make her guest-hosting debut on Nov. 2.
As previously reported, “SNL” cast member Kenan Thompson made headlines yesterday when he told TV Guide that, yes, it’s the show’s sixth consecutive year without a black female cast member because, turns out, there are just no black female comics out there who are qualified for the gig.
“It’s just a tough part of the business,” Thompson said. “Like in auditions, they just never find ones that are ready.” When asked how the show plans to handle any spoofs of black female celebrities, Thompson responded, “I don’t know. We just haven’t done them. That’s what I’m saying. Maybe [Jay Pharoah] will do it or something, but even he doesn’t really want to do it.”
Eminem will be the musical guest for Washington’s broadcast.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here