*Patti Labelle and Queen Latifah will be among those honored as part of the Black Girls Rock! awards show on BET.
Founded by Beverly Bond, Black Girls Rock! is a nonprofit organization that mentors young black girls and works to fight negative images of black women in the media.
Other honorees announced Monday include tennis champion Venus Williams, screenwriter-producer Mara Brock Akil, ballet dancer Misty Copeland, community organizer Ameena Matthews and children’s rights advocate Marian Wright Edelman.
Actresses Tracee Ellis Ross and Regina King return as hosts of the ceremony, which will air Nov. 3. It will be taped later this month at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark, N.J.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Logan Westbrooks, Music Industry Pioneer
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here