*Rock ‘n’ roll legend Little Richard is on the mend after recently suffering a heart attack while at home with his family.
The singer, who turned 80 last year, reveals he was overcome with a coughing fit and started to feel a shooting pain in his arm – and it was only after self-medicating that he started to feel OK.
His doctor later advised him that he had suffered a heart attack, and revealed that he saved his own life with his actions immediately afterward.
During a chat with Cee Lo Green for a Recording Academy fundraiser in Georgia on Sunday, he explained, “The other night, I didn’t know I was having a heart attack. I was coughing, and my right arm was aching. I told my son, ‘Make the room as cold as ice.’ So he turned the air conditioning on, and I took a baby aspirin. The doctor told me that saved my life. Jesus had something for me. He brought me through.”
The veteran entertainer has stepped away from performing since almost collapsing on stage during a gig in Washington, D.C. last summer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Sisters In Law': Rhonda Wills Talks 'Staggering' Prince Estate and 'Criminal' Katrina Pierson [EUR Exclusive]
- Blind Boy (Christopher Ward) Sees 'Pretty' Mom for First Time (WATCH)
- Usher Responds to ‘Skinny’ Hate; ‘1st Look’ at 2Pac Shakur Biopic (WATCH)
- Would You Support a Vet Who Shot a Cat in the Head With an Arrow? (Video)
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Cardell Hayes Gets Indicted in Former NFL Player Will Smith's Murder
- Doc Rivers Tearfully Remembers His Mother; Bankrupt: Petey Pablo
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here