*Rock ‘n’ roll legend Little Richard is on the mend after recently suffering a heart attack while at home with his family.
The singer, who turned 80 last year, reveals he was overcome with a coughing fit and started to feel a shooting pain in his arm – and it was only after self-medicating that he started to feel OK.
His doctor later advised him that he had suffered a heart attack, and revealed that he saved his own life with his actions immediately afterward.
During a chat with Cee Lo Green for a Recording Academy fundraiser in Georgia on Sunday, he explained, “The other night, I didn’t know I was having a heart attack. I was coughing, and my right arm was aching. I told my son, ‘Make the room as cold as ice.’ So he turned the air conditioning on, and I took a baby aspirin. The doctor told me that saved my life. Jesus had something for me. He brought me through.”
The veteran entertainer has stepped away from performing since almost collapsing on stage during a gig in Washington, D.C. last summer.
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here