*Longtime musical collaborators Mariah Carey and Jermaine Dupri are adding a new dimension to their professional relationship.
According to Vibe.com, the singer has hired the producer as her manager – a move JD confirmed at the A3C Hip-Hop Festival in Atlanta over the weekend, reports BET.com.
“A multi-talented artist of Mariah’s caliber should be doing everything imaginable,” the So So Def chief said in a statement. “I’m sure others have said this but not the way I intend to do it. For me it’s about the execution.”
Added Carey, “We have a bond that surpasses music. I am excited about our merger because we have so many innovative ideas that I know will come into fruition.”
Carey recently parted ways with “American Idol” judge and music veteran Randy Jackson as her manager in May, and reportedly signed to a management firm. She is currently working on her upcoming album, “The Art of Letting Go.”
Carey and Dupri’s classics include “Always Be My Baby,” “Shake It Off,” and the heartbreak ballad “We Belong Together,” which was named Song of the Decade by Billboard magazine and spent 14 non-consecutive weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues: Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here