*Longtime musical collaborators Mariah Carey and Jermaine Dupri are adding a new dimension to their professional relationship.
According to Vibe.com, the singer has hired the producer as her manager – a move JD confirmed at the A3C Hip-Hop Festival in Atlanta over the weekend, reports BET.com.
“A multi-talented artist of Mariah’s caliber should be doing everything imaginable,” the So So Def chief said in a statement. “I’m sure others have said this but not the way I intend to do it. For me it’s about the execution.”
Added Carey, “We have a bond that surpasses music. I am excited about our merger because we have so many innovative ideas that I know will come into fruition.”
Carey recently parted ways with “American Idol” judge and music veteran Randy Jackson as her manager in May, and reportedly signed to a management firm. She is currently working on her upcoming album, “The Art of Letting Go.”
Carey and Dupri’s classics include “Always Be My Baby,” “Shake It Off,” and the heartbreak ballad “We Belong Together,” which was named Song of the Decade by Billboard magazine and spent 14 non-consecutive weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts.
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here