*Longtime musical collaborators Mariah Carey and Jermaine Dupri are adding a new dimension to their professional relationship.
According to Vibe.com, the singer has hired the producer as her manager – a move JD confirmed at the A3C Hip-Hop Festival in Atlanta over the weekend, reports BET.com.
“A multi-talented artist of Mariah’s caliber should be doing everything imaginable,” the So So Def chief said in a statement. “I’m sure others have said this but not the way I intend to do it. For me it’s about the execution.”
Added Carey, “We have a bond that surpasses music. I am excited about our merger because we have so many innovative ideas that I know will come into fruition.”
Carey recently parted ways with “American Idol” judge and music veteran Randy Jackson as her manager in May, and reportedly signed to a management firm. She is currently working on her upcoming album, “The Art of Letting Go.”
Carey and Dupri’s classics include “Always Be My Baby,” “Shake It Off,” and the heartbreak ballad “We Belong Together,” which was named Song of the Decade by Billboard magazine and spent 14 non-consecutive weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts.
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here