*Longtime musical collaborators Mariah Carey and Jermaine Dupri are adding a new dimension to their professional relationship.
According to Vibe.com, the singer has hired the producer as her manager – a move JD confirmed at the A3C Hip-Hop Festival in Atlanta over the weekend, reports BET.com.
“A multi-talented artist of Mariah’s caliber should be doing everything imaginable,” the So So Def chief said in a statement. “I’m sure others have said this but not the way I intend to do it. For me it’s about the execution.”
Added Carey, “We have a bond that surpasses music. I am excited about our merger because we have so many innovative ideas that I know will come into fruition.”
Carey recently parted ways with “American Idol” judge and music veteran Randy Jackson as her manager in May, and reportedly signed to a management firm. She is currently working on her upcoming album, “The Art of Letting Go.”
Carey and Dupri’s classics include “Always Be My Baby,” “Shake It Off,” and the heartbreak ballad “We Belong Together,” which was named Song of the Decade by Billboard magazine and spent 14 non-consecutive weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Author of Kids Book Showing Happy Slaves Also Had Reservations
- Former Black Panthers Applaud Beyoncé’s Super Bowl Performance
- Steven Ivory: Maurice White’s Forever Hip Place
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Stevie J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here