*Longtime musical collaborators Mariah Carey and Jermaine Dupri are adding a new dimension to their professional relationship.
According to Vibe.com, the singer has hired the producer as her manager – a move JD confirmed at the A3C Hip-Hop Festival in Atlanta over the weekend, reports BET.com.
“A multi-talented artist of Mariah’s caliber should be doing everything imaginable,” the So So Def chief said in a statement. “I’m sure others have said this but not the way I intend to do it. For me it’s about the execution.”
Added Carey, “We have a bond that surpasses music. I am excited about our merger because we have so many innovative ideas that I know will come into fruition.”
Carey recently parted ways with “American Idol” judge and music veteran Randy Jackson as her manager in May, and reportedly signed to a management firm. She is currently working on her upcoming album, “The Art of Letting Go.”
Carey and Dupri’s classics include “Always Be My Baby,” “Shake It Off,” and the heartbreak ballad “We Belong Together,” which was named Song of the Decade by Billboard magazine and spent 14 non-consecutive weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here