According to what Chicago Police spokesman John Mirabelli told CNN, the possibility of suicide has not been ruled out by investigators because of Marks previously acknowledgement of a bipolar disorder.
Marks, who took second place in the final round of the reality competition’s third season, was arrested just three months ago after a scuffle with multiple Chicago police officers. The Chicago Tribune reported the story that Marks told the police he was possessed by “MasterChef” judge Gordon Ramsay, who turned into God.
Ramsay took to Twitter after learning of Mark’s death posting, “Just heard the devastating news about Josh Marks. My thoughts are with his family & friends at this tragic time.”
Marks sat down with “Make a Sound Project,” a suicide awareness program, to record a public service video about his mental illness.
The project promotes “how to use music as an alternative to the crazy thoughts you may have going in you mind,” Marks said in the video.
“Me personally, I have bipolar disorder, so, you know, I’ll get a little anxious sometimes, and how I cool out is, I listen to music and just listen to the words and just relax and, you know, find my melody. I wish we had some music going on in here right now.”
But after “Make a Sound Project” founder Mike Castaneda learned of Marks arrest he said he would be removing him from the venture. Then on Saturday Castaneda went on to say his comment was “a poor statement.”
A media outlet “had contacted us and made the statement, ‘Is it safe to say you’re dropping Josh in light of recent events’ to which I ignorantly replied immediately, ‘yes.’ It wasn’t the thought that I would actually drop Josh, especially being as that he’s a friend of mine. I know I should have used better wording just knowing that I couldn’t use him for events until he was through his situation and healthy again,” Castaneda said in an e-mail to CNN.
“He has been a good friend to me and though I’ve made a mistake I would hope that Josh would feel the same way,” Castaneda added. “I will miss Josh more than any one will know. I just pray through this more will come to seek help before it’s too late.”
Detectives are talking to witnesses and examining security camera video from near where Marks’ body was found, Mirabelli said, and a determination of suicide will be made after the autopsy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here