*Remember the woman in Atlanta who read “A Purpose Driven Life” and talked about God to her kidnapper and calmed him down enough to let her go? Well that story is being turned into a feature film.
“Boardwalk Empire” star Michael K. Williams and “The Butler’s” David Oyelowo are set for the upcoming “Captive,” directed by Jerry Jameson and written by Brian Bird and Reinhard Denke.
The film is a fictionalized version of the well-known true story, according to Deadline.com. While Ashley Smith, a single mom, struggles to overcome her drug addiction to regain custody of her daughter, she’s taken hostage by an escaped, quadruple murderer. Her only defenses: faith in God, a love for her daughter, and the book A Purpose Driven Life, parts of which she reads aloud to her captor during the harrowing ordeal. This leads to a surprising epiphany for both Ashley and the convict.
Williams plays a lead detective in the film that begins shooting this weekend in North Carolina. Oyelowo is likely the Brian Nichols character who in real life overpowered an Atlanta courthouse deputy as he was being escorted to court for a rape trial on March 11, 2005. He then shot and killed the presiding judge and a court reporter before killing another deputy as he left the courthouse. Later he killed a federal agent in an attempt to flee authorities.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here