*Remember the woman in Atlanta who read “A Purpose Driven Life” and talked about God to her kidnapper and calmed him down enough to let her go? Well that story is being turned into a feature film.
“Boardwalk Empire” star Michael K. Williams and “The Butler’s” David Oyelowo are set for the upcoming “Captive,” directed by Jerry Jameson and written by Brian Bird and Reinhard Denke.
The film is a fictionalized version of the well-known true story, according to Deadline.com. While Ashley Smith, a single mom, struggles to overcome her drug addiction to regain custody of her daughter, she’s taken hostage by an escaped, quadruple murderer. Her only defenses: faith in God, a love for her daughter, and the book A Purpose Driven Life, parts of which she reads aloud to her captor during the harrowing ordeal. This leads to a surprising epiphany for both Ashley and the convict.
Williams plays a lead detective in the film that begins shooting this weekend in North Carolina. Oyelowo is likely the Brian Nichols character who in real life overpowered an Atlanta courthouse deputy as he was being escorted to court for a rape trial on March 11, 2005. He then shot and killed the presiding judge and a court reporter before killing another deputy as he left the courthouse. Later he killed a federal agent in an attempt to flee authorities.
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here