*Remember the woman in Atlanta who read “A Purpose Driven Life” and talked about God to her kidnapper and calmed him down enough to let her go? Well that story is being turned into a feature film.
“Boardwalk Empire” star Michael K. Williams and “The Butler’s” David Oyelowo are set for the upcoming “Captive,” directed by Jerry Jameson and written by Brian Bird and Reinhard Denke.
The film is a fictionalized version of the well-known true story, according to Deadline.com. While Ashley Smith, a single mom, struggles to overcome her drug addiction to regain custody of her daughter, she’s taken hostage by an escaped, quadruple murderer. Her only defenses: faith in God, a love for her daughter, and the book A Purpose Driven Life, parts of which she reads aloud to her captor during the harrowing ordeal. This leads to a surprising epiphany for both Ashley and the convict.
Williams plays a lead detective in the film that begins shooting this weekend in North Carolina. Oyelowo is likely the Brian Nichols character who in real life overpowered an Atlanta courthouse deputy as he was being escorted to court for a rape trial on March 11, 2005. He then shot and killed the presiding judge and a court reporter before killing another deputy as he left the courthouse. Later he killed a federal agent in an attempt to flee authorities.
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here