*NBC has decided to pull its remake of “Ironside” starring Blair Underwood after just three episodes.
Despite solid star power from Underwood, the freshman drama opened to an underwhelming 1.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.8 million viewers the first Wednesday after premiere week. It slid its second outing, averaging a 1.1 in the demo.
In August, we asked Underwood if he thought the abundance of crime shows already on TV would keep “Ironside” from finding its audience.
The final “Ironside” will air Oct. 23. In its place, the network will air “Dateline” on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. through November and December as well as a roster of upcoming holiday specials.
“Chicago Fire” spinoff “Chicago PD” will take over the Wednesday at 10 p.m. slot starting Jan. 8.
Below, a promo of next week’s final episode, “Uptown Murders.” (An uptown homicide spirals into a hunt for an elusive killer with ties to over a dozen murders.) Airs Wednesday October 23 10/9c
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here