*NBC has decided to pull its remake of “Ironside” starring Blair Underwood after just three episodes.
Despite solid star power from Underwood, the freshman drama opened to an underwhelming 1.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.8 million viewers the first Wednesday after premiere week. It slid its second outing, averaging a 1.1 in the demo.
In August, we asked Underwood if he thought the abundance of crime shows already on TV would keep “Ironside” from finding its audience.
The final “Ironside” will air Oct. 23. In its place, the network will air “Dateline” on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. through November and December as well as a roster of upcoming holiday specials.
“Chicago Fire” spinoff “Chicago PD” will take over the Wednesday at 10 p.m. slot starting Jan. 8.
Below, a promo of next week’s final episode, “Uptown Murders.” (An uptown homicide spirals into a hunt for an elusive killer with ties to over a dozen murders.) Airs Wednesday October 23 10/9c
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here