*NBC has decided to pull its remake of “Ironside” starring Blair Underwood after just three episodes.
Despite solid star power from Underwood, the freshman drama opened to an underwhelming 1.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.8 million viewers the first Wednesday after premiere week. It slid its second outing, averaging a 1.1 in the demo.
In August, we asked Underwood if he thought the abundance of crime shows already on TV would keep “Ironside” from finding its audience.
The final “Ironside” will air Oct. 23. In its place, the network will air “Dateline” on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. through November and December as well as a roster of upcoming holiday specials.
“Chicago Fire” spinoff “Chicago PD” will take over the Wednesday at 10 p.m. slot starting Jan. 8.
Below, a promo of next week’s final episode, “Uptown Murders.” (An uptown homicide spirals into a hunt for an elusive killer with ties to over a dozen murders.) Airs Wednesday October 23 10/9c
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here