*NBC has decided to pull its remake of “Ironside” starring Blair Underwood after just three episodes.
Despite solid star power from Underwood, the freshman drama opened to an underwhelming 1.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.8 million viewers the first Wednesday after premiere week. It slid its second outing, averaging a 1.1 in the demo.
In August, we asked Underwood if he thought the abundance of crime shows already on TV would keep “Ironside” from finding its audience.
The final “Ironside” will air Oct. 23. In its place, the network will air “Dateline” on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. through November and December as well as a roster of upcoming holiday specials.
“Chicago Fire” spinoff “Chicago PD” will take over the Wednesday at 10 p.m. slot starting Jan. 8.
Below, a promo of next week’s final episode, “Uptown Murders.” (An uptown homicide spirals into a hunt for an elusive killer with ties to over a dozen murders.) Airs Wednesday October 23 10/9c
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here