*NBC has decided to pull its remake of “Ironside” starring Blair Underwood after just three episodes.
Despite solid star power from Underwood, the freshman drama opened to an underwhelming 1.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.8 million viewers the first Wednesday after premiere week. It slid its second outing, averaging a 1.1 in the demo.
In August, we asked Underwood if he thought the abundance of crime shows already on TV would keep “Ironside” from finding its audience.
The final “Ironside” will air Oct. 23. In its place, the network will air “Dateline” on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. through November and December as well as a roster of upcoming holiday specials.
“Chicago Fire” spinoff “Chicago PD” will take over the Wednesday at 10 p.m. slot starting Jan. 8.
Below, a promo of next week’s final episode, “Uptown Murders.” (An uptown homicide spirals into a hunt for an elusive killer with ties to over a dozen murders.) Airs Wednesday October 23 10/9c
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here