*Newly minted NBA coach Jason Kidd‘s DUI past came back to haunt him today.
Kidd, a former all-astar NBA point guard, now the coach of the Brooklyn Nets, has been suspended for two games for pleading guilty to driving while impaired.
What it means is that Kidd will miss the first two games of the regular season – at the Cleveland Cavaliers in Brooklyn’s season opener on Oct. 30 and at home against the Miami Heat on Nov. 1.
The suspension and the length was expected, based on past suspensions issued by the NBA for a similar offense, reports USA Today. Other players and coaches, including Eric Musselman, Zach Randolph and Carmelo Anthony, have received two-game suspensions for driving while impaired or under the influence.
“The decision is consistent with what the league has done in the past and we look forward to Jason leading our team versus Orlando and the rest of the year,” Nets general manager Billy King said in a statement.
Kidd was charged with a DWI after he ran his SUV into a telephone poll on July 15, 2012, in the Hamptons. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor drunk driving charge on July 16 and was placed on probation for a year. He also agreed to talk to Long Island students about the dangers of driving while impaired.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here