*The Ohio State University’s marching band unveiled its newest show last weekend during halftime of its game against the University of Iowa, and included is an eight-minute tribute to Michael Jackson.
The shout out commemorates the 25th anniversary of one of the King of Pop’s biggest albums, “Bad.”
Along the way, the band touches on a medley of Jackson hits — both from “Bad” and otherwise — including the album’s title track, “Billie Jean” and “The Way You Make Me Feel.” It’s during the latter that the Buckeyes get into a formation resembling Jackson himself — white glove and all — and actually start moonwalking. You can see that part at around 4:40 in the video below.
This isn’t the first time Ohio State — or Ohio’s college marching bands in general — have racked up a healthy amount of YouTube hits. “The Best Damn Band in the Land” received praise for its video game tribute a little over a year ago, while just an hour down the road, Ohio University’s Marching 110 has found success tapping into viral hits with its renditions of “Party Rock Anthem,” “Gangnam Style” and, most recently, “The Fox.”
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here