*The Ohio State University’s marching band unveiled its newest show last weekend during halftime of its game against the University of Iowa, and included is an eight-minute tribute to Michael Jackson.
The shout out commemorates the 25th anniversary of one of the King of Pop’s biggest albums, “Bad.”
Along the way, the band touches on a medley of Jackson hits — both from “Bad” and otherwise — including the album’s title track, “Billie Jean” and “The Way You Make Me Feel.” It’s during the latter that the Buckeyes get into a formation resembling Jackson himself — white glove and all — and actually start moonwalking. You can see that part at around 4:40 in the video below.
This isn’t the first time Ohio State — or Ohio’s college marching bands in general — have racked up a healthy amount of YouTube hits. “The Best Damn Band in the Land” received praise for its video game tribute a little over a year ago, while just an hour down the road, Ohio University’s Marching 110 has found success tapping into viral hits with its renditions of “Party Rock Anthem,” “Gangnam Style” and, most recently, “The Fox.”
- Raven-Symoné Co-signs Oprah: 'Black Twitter Hates Me'
- Walmart Denies Customer Confederate Flag Cake, OK's ISIS Cake in Error (Video)
- Michael Sam Ends Six-Month Engagement With Fiancé
- 'UnSung Revisited' Debuts Tonight with Full Force & Paul Anthony
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here