*The Ohio State University’s marching band unveiled its newest show last weekend during halftime of its game against the University of Iowa, and included is an eight-minute tribute to Michael Jackson.
The shout out commemorates the 25th anniversary of one of the King of Pop’s biggest albums, “Bad.”
Along the way, the band touches on a medley of Jackson hits — both from “Bad” and otherwise — including the album’s title track, “Billie Jean” and “The Way You Make Me Feel.” It’s during the latter that the Buckeyes get into a formation resembling Jackson himself — white glove and all — and actually start moonwalking. You can see that part at around 4:40 in the video below.
This isn’t the first time Ohio State — or Ohio’s college marching bands in general — have racked up a healthy amount of YouTube hits. “The Best Damn Band in the Land” received praise for its video game tribute a little over a year ago, while just an hour down the road, Ohio University’s Marching 110 has found success tapping into viral hits with its renditions of “Party Rock Anthem,” “Gangnam Style” and, most recently, “The Fox.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here