*The Ohio State University’s marching band unveiled its newest show last weekend during halftime of its game against the University of Iowa, and included is an eight-minute tribute to Michael Jackson.
The shout out commemorates the 25th anniversary of one of the King of Pop’s biggest albums, “Bad.”
Along the way, the band touches on a medley of Jackson hits — both from “Bad” and otherwise — including the album’s title track, “Billie Jean” and “The Way You Make Me Feel.” It’s during the latter that the Buckeyes get into a formation resembling Jackson himself — white glove and all — and actually start moonwalking. You can see that part at around 4:40 in the video below.
This isn’t the first time Ohio State — or Ohio’s college marching bands in general — have racked up a healthy amount of YouTube hits. “The Best Damn Band in the Land” received praise for its video game tribute a little over a year ago, while just an hour down the road, Ohio University’s Marching 110 has found success tapping into viral hits with its renditions of “Party Rock Anthem,” “Gangnam Style” and, most recently, “The Fox.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here