Well, Thursday night during his set in Manchester, while performing a track from Watch the Throne, “No Church in the Wild,” Mr. Carter apparently forgot some of the lyrics, reports Vibe:
Jay messed up on the line “Cocaine seats, all white like I got the whole thing bleached,” by forgetting the “cocaine seats” part. From there he loses his rhythm.
After the Plato and Socrates shout-outs on his “No Church in the wild” verse, Hov skipped the three lines: “I’m out here balling, I know y’all hear my sneaks/ Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy he laid beats/ Hova flow the Holy Ghost, get the hell up out your seats.” He got back into the swing of things after the Frank Ocean hook, but someone up in the rafters caught the whole thing on camera.
When you think about, Hov probably has hundreds and hundreds of songs memorized so him forgetting a line here and there is bound to happen. And now, in the age of social media, we get to see it over and over.
In the meantime, Jay Z played Dublin Sunday night and headlines the NIA Arena in Birmingham on Oct. 8.
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here