Well, Thursday night during his set in Manchester, while performing a track from Watch the Throne, “No Church in the Wild,” Mr. Carter apparently forgot some of the lyrics, reports Vibe:
Jay messed up on the line “Cocaine seats, all white like I got the whole thing bleached,” by forgetting the “cocaine seats” part. From there he loses his rhythm.
After the Plato and Socrates shout-outs on his “No Church in the wild” verse, Hov skipped the three lines: “I’m out here balling, I know y’all hear my sneaks/ Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy he laid beats/ Hova flow the Holy Ghost, get the hell up out your seats.” He got back into the swing of things after the Frank Ocean hook, but someone up in the rafters caught the whole thing on camera.
When you think about, Hov probably has hundreds and hundreds of songs memorized so him forgetting a line here and there is bound to happen. And now, in the age of social media, we get to see it over and over.
In the meantime, Jay Z played Dublin Sunday night and headlines the NIA Arena in Birmingham on Oct. 8.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here