Well, Thursday night during his set in Manchester, while performing a track from Watch the Throne, “No Church in the Wild,” Mr. Carter apparently forgot some of the lyrics, reports Vibe:
Jay messed up on the line “Cocaine seats, all white like I got the whole thing bleached,” by forgetting the “cocaine seats” part. From there he loses his rhythm.
After the Plato and Socrates shout-outs on his “No Church in the wild” verse, Hov skipped the three lines: “I’m out here balling, I know y’all hear my sneaks/ Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy he laid beats/ Hova flow the Holy Ghost, get the hell up out your seats.” He got back into the swing of things after the Frank Ocean hook, but someone up in the rafters caught the whole thing on camera.
When you think about, Hov probably has hundreds and hundreds of songs memorized so him forgetting a line here and there is bound to happen. And now, in the age of social media, we get to see it over and over.
In the meantime, Jay Z played Dublin Sunday night and headlines the NIA Arena in Birmingham on Oct. 8.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Judge Favors Chris Brown in Baby Mama’s Attempt to Restrict Custody
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here