*”Preachers of LA” is one of the most controversial upcoming reality shows right now and it hasn’t even made its Oct. 9 debut Oxygen and it’s already drenched in backlash from the Christian community.
The cast is composed of L.A. based pastors Bishop Noel Jones, Bishop Clarence McClendon, Pastor Wayne Chaney, Bishop Ron Gibson, Pastor Jay Haizlip and Pastor/Gospel singer Deitrick Haddon. The show offers viewers an inside look of these preachers’ lives beyond the pulpit.
Even though the show does highlight some spirited services and Biblical references, it’s also catching hell for its portrayal of over the top wealthy preachers living extravagant lifestyles. A recent news special on “Preachers of LA” done by ABC’s “Dateline” was far from flattering.
A description of the show produced by L. Plummer Media in association with Relevé Entertainment provided by Oxygen reads: “‘Pastors of L.A.’ will give viewers a candid and revealing look at six boldly different and world renowned mega-pastors in Southern California, who are willing to share diverse aspects of their lives, from their work in the community and with their parishioners to the very large and sometimes provocative lives they lead away from the pulpit.”
The first full episode in now available online. Watch below (Note: video may not be viewable on smartphones & tablets.):
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here