*Throughout his tenure in office, President Obama has pretty much seen and heard it all.
In recent years, he’s become a magnet for political discord among right-winged conservatives and Democrats alike, and lately his effort to force-feed Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) to the American public–despite widespread opposition–has created a firestorm of media controversy. In essence, Obama has become history’s favorite political pinata (and all the kiddies are taking a whack at him). That includes celebrity atheist Richard Dawkins, reports the Huffington Post.
During a conversation with politically incorrect TV host and dyed-in-the-wool atheist Bill Maher, Dawkins accused two American presidents of sharing his same religious perspective.
“Like many people, I’m sure that [President Barack] Obama is an atheist,” Dawkins told Maher on Friday. “I’m sure Kennedy was an atheist. But I doubt Pope Frank is, no. He’s obviously a nice man, therefore a dangerous man. We don’t want nice men in the Vatican.”
Dawkins’ strategically-timed comments come amid a new book revealing how Obama’s Christian faith has aided him in pivotal moments during his presidency. White House spiritual advisor Joshua DuBois’ book, “The President’s Devotional: The Daily Readings That Inspired President Obama,” suggests that Obama intentionally leans on prayer as a grounding mechanism.
“I’ve certainly seen the president’s faith grow in his time in office,” DuBois told the AP last week. “When you cultivate your faith, it grows.”
As for atheism in politics, it is a rare sight. Back in September, HuffPost Politics looked at how the current 113th Congress has zero admitted atheists. A few months after he retired, former Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) admitted his nonbeliever status. Former Rep. Pete Stark (D-Calif.) had been the only avowed atheist, but he left office in 2012.
Watch Dawkins make his claim:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here