*Fans of Reuben Studdard will have to wait a little longer for his debut on “The Biggest Loser.”
Last week, NBC announced the premiere date for Season 15 has been pushed back from Oct. 8 to Oct. 15.
Studdard, a resident of Birmingham, Ala. and the 2003 “American Idol” winner, is the first celebrity to compete on the series, and is also the heaviest contestant this season, weighing in at 462 pounds.
The Velvet Teddy Bear has lost weight before. In 2006, he dropped close to 100 pounds through Duke University’s weight-management program, which limits participants to a strict 1,200-1,500 calorie diet.
But by spring of 2012, he had gained all of his weight back, plus some – most of it due to stress eating. He told talk show host Wendy Williams at the time: “I just started going out and kicking it.”
Beginning Oct. 15, viewers will get to watch Studdard’s journey toward a healthier weight that will hopefully last a lifetime.
Below, the crooner says he’s getting older now, and can’t help but imagine how his obesity would impact the family he hopes to have someday.
“The Biggest Loser” is set to air on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. Watch a featurette with Reuben below.
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here