*Fans of Reuben Studdard will have to wait a little longer for his debut on “The Biggest Loser.”
Last week, NBC announced the premiere date for Season 15 has been pushed back from Oct. 8 to Oct. 15.
Studdard, a resident of Birmingham, Ala. and the 2003 “American Idol” winner, is the first celebrity to compete on the series, and is also the heaviest contestant this season, weighing in at 462 pounds.
The Velvet Teddy Bear has lost weight before. In 2006, he dropped close to 100 pounds through Duke University’s weight-management program, which limits participants to a strict 1,200-1,500 calorie diet.
But by spring of 2012, he had gained all of his weight back, plus some – most of it due to stress eating. He told talk show host Wendy Williams at the time: “I just started going out and kicking it.”
Beginning Oct. 15, viewers will get to watch Studdard’s journey toward a healthier weight that will hopefully last a lifetime.
Below, the crooner says he’s getting older now, and can’t help but imagine how his obesity would impact the family he hopes to have someday.
“The Biggest Loser” is set to air on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. Watch a featurette with Reuben below.
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here