*Fans of Reuben Studdard will have to wait a little longer for his debut on “The Biggest Loser.”
Last week, NBC announced the premiere date for Season 15 has been pushed back from Oct. 8 to Oct. 15.
Studdard, a resident of Birmingham, Ala. and the 2003 “American Idol” winner, is the first celebrity to compete on the series, and is also the heaviest contestant this season, weighing in at 462 pounds.
The Velvet Teddy Bear has lost weight before. In 2006, he dropped close to 100 pounds through Duke University’s weight-management program, which limits participants to a strict 1,200-1,500 calorie diet.
But by spring of 2012, he had gained all of his weight back, plus some – most of it due to stress eating. He told talk show host Wendy Williams at the time: “I just started going out and kicking it.”
Beginning Oct. 15, viewers will get to watch Studdard’s journey toward a healthier weight that will hopefully last a lifetime.
Below, the crooner says he’s getting older now, and can’t help but imagine how his obesity would impact the family he hopes to have someday.
“The Biggest Loser” is set to air on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. Watch a featurette with Reuben below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here