“There’s this whole idea of first comes the marriage then the baby carriage so I was so nervous,” she revealed.
Of course Rev. Run would’ve liked for his daughter to be married before the baby carriage came into the picture but Vanessa says he’s happy to become a grandparent for the first time pretty soon.
“But my dad was actually really excited because this is the first grandchild for my family. I think somewhere deep inside he was kinda like, ‘When am I going to experience that part of life?’ Of course he wants us to get married, but for now he was like, ‘We’re gonna figure this out. Just be happy and have a healthy pregnancy. I’m behind you a hundred percent.’”
Simmons was able to breathe a little easier having the acceptance from her father that “meant the world” to her. She says that there is a possibility she and Mike will get married after their daughter gets here.
“Of course we talk about that [marriage] and it’s looking good. But I don’t want to be a pregnant bride. I wanna have a beautiful wedding, hopefully a destination wedding where I can show off my figure in a beautiful long flowing dress.”Like most mothers, the Pastrys visionary talked about her experiences with morning sickness and extreme food cravings brought on by the blogs.
“Anything I see I want. Every time my mom calls me she asks, ‘Where’s Mike?’ and I’m like, ‘He’s at 7-Eleven.’ The cherry-flavored Slurpee is my weakness. So is the Jamba Juice Mango-a-go-go smoothie.”
The couple was originally picking out names for a baby boy, but now that they know they have a “little princess” on the way Simmons says they’re “stumped” on what to name her.
“Now I’m stumped thinking of little girl names. But I’m excited because little girl clothes are amazing and I’m the girliest girl ever!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here