“There’s this whole idea of first comes the marriage then the baby carriage so I was so nervous,” she revealed.
Of course Rev. Run would’ve liked for his daughter to be married before the baby carriage came into the picture but Vanessa says he’s happy to become a grandparent for the first time pretty soon.
“But my dad was actually really excited because this is the first grandchild for my family. I think somewhere deep inside he was kinda like, ‘When am I going to experience that part of life?’ Of course he wants us to get married, but for now he was like, ‘We’re gonna figure this out. Just be happy and have a healthy pregnancy. I’m behind you a hundred percent.’”
Simmons was able to breathe a little easier having the acceptance from her father that “meant the world” to her. She says that there is a possibility she and Mike will get married after their daughter gets here.
“Of course we talk about that [marriage] and it’s looking good. But I don’t want to be a pregnant bride. I wanna have a beautiful wedding, hopefully a destination wedding where I can show off my figure in a beautiful long flowing dress.”Like most mothers, the Pastrys visionary talked about her experiences with morning sickness and extreme food cravings brought on by the blogs.
“Anything I see I want. Every time my mom calls me she asks, ‘Where’s Mike?’ and I’m like, ‘He’s at 7-Eleven.’ The cherry-flavored Slurpee is my weakness. So is the Jamba Juice Mango-a-go-go smoothie.”
The couple was originally picking out names for a baby boy, but now that they know they have a “little princess” on the way Simmons says they’re “stumped” on what to name her.
“Now I’m stumped thinking of little girl names. But I’m excited because little girl clothes are amazing and I’m the girliest girl ever!”
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here