*Turns out Robin Thicke isn’t just a “twerked upon” crooner.
The “Blurred Lines” singer has written, directed and starred in the short film “Mercy,” according to The Hollywood Reporter. He’s joined onscreen by wife Paula Patton, Robert Patrick and “The Hunger Games” breakout Amandla Stenberg.
Based on true events, “Mercy” follows Tom (Thicke), a family-focused limo driver, and his wife, Cynthia (Patton), a woman who is plagued by alcohol and drug addiction. Patrick plays Randall Cross, a man full of regrets who cannot sit idly by as he is on the verge of losing his home after his wife succumbs to cancer. Stenberg plays Tom and Cynthia’s daughter, a talented violinist and former student of Randall’s dying wife.
“Mercy” was filmed in Los Angeles earlier this year and was produced by Jump Films’ Mick Partridge, with Thicke and Jordan Feldstein executive producing.
Thicke, although a first time director, is no stranger to the worlds of TV and film (his father is actor Alan Thicke). He next stars in the indie “Abby in the Summer” with Jaime Pressly and appeared in BET’s satirical comedy “Real Husbands of Hollywood.”
He also served as an adviser on the third season of NBC’s “The Voice” and was a judge on ABC’s singing competition “Duets.”
A North American tour in support of Thicke’s sixth studio album, “Blurred Lines,” begins Feb. 21, 2014. Thicke will perform at the Grammy nominations concert Dec. 6 and will be a headliner on the first Jingle Ball U.S. tour, which kicks off Dec. 2.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here