*Turns out Robin Thicke isn’t just a “twerked upon” crooner.
The “Blurred Lines” singer has written, directed and starred in the short film “Mercy,” according to The Hollywood Reporter. He’s joined onscreen by wife Paula Patton, Robert Patrick and “The Hunger Games” breakout Amandla Stenberg.
Based on true events, “Mercy” follows Tom (Thicke), a family-focused limo driver, and his wife, Cynthia (Patton), a woman who is plagued by alcohol and drug addiction. Patrick plays Randall Cross, a man full of regrets who cannot sit idly by as he is on the verge of losing his home after his wife succumbs to cancer. Stenberg plays Tom and Cynthia’s daughter, a talented violinist and former student of Randall’s dying wife.
“Mercy” was filmed in Los Angeles earlier this year and was produced by Jump Films’ Mick Partridge, with Thicke and Jordan Feldstein executive producing.
Thicke, although a first time director, is no stranger to the worlds of TV and film (his father is actor Alan Thicke). He next stars in the indie “Abby in the Summer” with Jaime Pressly and appeared in BET’s satirical comedy “Real Husbands of Hollywood.”
He also served as an adviser on the third season of NBC’s “The Voice” and was a judge on ABC’s singing competition “Duets.”
A North American tour in support of Thicke’s sixth studio album, “Blurred Lines,” begins Feb. 21, 2014. Thicke will perform at the Grammy nominations concert Dec. 6 and will be a headliner on the first Jingle Ball U.S. tour, which kicks off Dec. 2.
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here