*Turns out Robin Thicke isn’t just a “twerked upon” crooner.
The “Blurred Lines” singer has written, directed and starred in the short film “Mercy,” according to The Hollywood Reporter. He’s joined onscreen by wife Paula Patton, Robert Patrick and “The Hunger Games” breakout Amandla Stenberg.
Based on true events, “Mercy” follows Tom (Thicke), a family-focused limo driver, and his wife, Cynthia (Patton), a woman who is plagued by alcohol and drug addiction. Patrick plays Randall Cross, a man full of regrets who cannot sit idly by as he is on the verge of losing his home after his wife succumbs to cancer. Stenberg plays Tom and Cynthia’s daughter, a talented violinist and former student of Randall’s dying wife.
“Mercy” was filmed in Los Angeles earlier this year and was produced by Jump Films’ Mick Partridge, with Thicke and Jordan Feldstein executive producing.
Thicke, although a first time director, is no stranger to the worlds of TV and film (his father is actor Alan Thicke). He next stars in the indie “Abby in the Summer” with Jaime Pressly and appeared in BET’s satirical comedy “Real Husbands of Hollywood.”
He also served as an adviser on the third season of NBC’s “The Voice” and was a judge on ABC’s singing competition “Duets.”
A North American tour in support of Thicke’s sixth studio album, “Blurred Lines,” begins Feb. 21, 2014. Thicke will perform at the Grammy nominations concert Dec. 6 and will be a headliner on the first Jingle Ball U.S. tour, which kicks off Dec. 2.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here