*Rosario Dawson got real personal during an interview Tuesday on HuffPost Live.
During a discussion about her 1995 film “Kids” — the very first film she ever made — the 34-year-old actress revealed what age she lost her virginity in real life.
“I got spotted on the street. I auditioned. I worked on it for four days,” Dawson recalled of the film to HuffPost Live on Tuesday, Oct. 1. At just 15, Dawson acted in the controversial Larry Clark film that centered on New York teenagers (at least one of them knowingly HIV-positive) doing drugs and having unprotected sex. But, as Dawson pointed out, her character Ruby wasn’t someone she could relate to at the time.
“I didn’t even have sex until I was 20,” the “10 Years” star admitted. “My mom was a teenage mom, I was deathly afraid of being a teenage mom.”
And as for the film’s uncomfortable sex scenes, it surprisingly didn’t alarm her parents one bit. “With all the insanity that my character goes through, the only thing they cared about was not smoking,” she joked.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here