*Ruben Studdard might wanna lay off the value menu for a while.
He’s off to a good start participating in this season of NBC’s “Biggest Loser.” However, in Tuesday night’s episode, the former “American Idol” winner was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
According to the show’s medical expert, Studdard’s insulin level, average blood sugar and instantaneous blood sugar levels were high across the board.
“I am afraid,” said Studdard to his coach Dolvette Quince and Dr. Huizenga. “I have seen a lot of lives cut short because of health issues. I’ve worked since I was 11-years-old to be a professional singer. That’s all I ever wanted to do.”
He confessed to being on the show because he knows it’s time to get his health in check.
“I most definitely want to be around for a long time,” said Studdard. “This has really, like, given me a second chance.”
When the show began weeks ago, Studdard weighed 462 pounds. Since then, he’s dropped down to 431 pounds.
We’re rooting for you Ruben.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here