*Ruben Studdard might wanna lay off the value menu for a while.
He’s off to a good start participating in this season of NBC’s “Biggest Loser.” However, in Tuesday night’s episode, the former “American Idol” winner was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
According to the show’s medical expert, Studdard’s insulin level, average blood sugar and instantaneous blood sugar levels were high across the board.
“I am afraid,” said Studdard to his coach Dolvette Quince and Dr. Huizenga. “I have seen a lot of lives cut short because of health issues. I’ve worked since I was 11-years-old to be a professional singer. That’s all I ever wanted to do.”
He confessed to being on the show because he knows it’s time to get his health in check.
“I most definitely want to be around for a long time,” said Studdard. “This has really, like, given me a second chance.”
When the show began weeks ago, Studdard weighed 462 pounds. Since then, he’s dropped down to 431 pounds.
We’re rooting for you Ruben.
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here