*Ruben Studdard might wanna lay off the value menu for a while.
He’s off to a good start participating in this season of NBC’s “Biggest Loser.” However, in Tuesday night’s episode, the former “American Idol” winner was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
According to the show’s medical expert, Studdard’s insulin level, average blood sugar and instantaneous blood sugar levels were high across the board.
“I am afraid,” said Studdard to his coach Dolvette Quince and Dr. Huizenga. “I have seen a lot of lives cut short because of health issues. I’ve worked since I was 11-years-old to be a professional singer. That’s all I ever wanted to do.”
He confessed to being on the show because he knows it’s time to get his health in check.
“I most definitely want to be around for a long time,” said Studdard. “This has really, like, given me a second chance.”
When the show began weeks ago, Studdard weighed 462 pounds. Since then, he’s dropped down to 431 pounds.
We’re rooting for you Ruben.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here