*Ruben Studdard might wanna lay off the value menu for a while.
He’s off to a good start participating in this season of NBC’s “Biggest Loser.” However, in Tuesday night’s episode, the former “American Idol” winner was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
According to the show’s medical expert, Studdard’s insulin level, average blood sugar and instantaneous blood sugar levels were high across the board.
“I am afraid,” said Studdard to his coach Dolvette Quince and Dr. Huizenga. “I have seen a lot of lives cut short because of health issues. I’ve worked since I was 11-years-old to be a professional singer. That’s all I ever wanted to do.”
He confessed to being on the show because he knows it’s time to get his health in check.
“I most definitely want to be around for a long time,” said Studdard. “This has really, like, given me a second chance.”
When the show began weeks ago, Studdard weighed 462 pounds. Since then, he’s dropped down to 431 pounds.
We’re rooting for you Ruben.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here