*Ruben Studdard might wanna lay off the value menu for a while.
He’s off to a good start participating in this season of NBC’s “Biggest Loser.” However, in Tuesday night’s episode, the former “American Idol” winner was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
According to the show’s medical expert, Studdard’s insulin level, average blood sugar and instantaneous blood sugar levels were high across the board.
“I am afraid,” said Studdard to his coach Dolvette Quince and Dr. Huizenga. “I have seen a lot of lives cut short because of health issues. I’ve worked since I was 11-years-old to be a professional singer. That’s all I ever wanted to do.”
He confessed to being on the show because he knows it’s time to get his health in check.
“I most definitely want to be around for a long time,” said Studdard. “This has really, like, given me a second chance.”
When the show began weeks ago, Studdard weighed 462 pounds. Since then, he’s dropped down to 431 pounds.
We’re rooting for you Ruben.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here