*Ruben Studdard might wanna lay off the value menu for a while.
He’s off to a good start participating in this season of NBC’s “Biggest Loser.” However, in Tuesday night’s episode, the former “American Idol” winner was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
According to the show’s medical expert, Studdard’s insulin level, average blood sugar and instantaneous blood sugar levels were high across the board.
“I am afraid,” said Studdard to his coach Dolvette Quince and Dr. Huizenga. “I have seen a lot of lives cut short because of health issues. I’ve worked since I was 11-years-old to be a professional singer. That’s all I ever wanted to do.”
He confessed to being on the show because he knows it’s time to get his health in check.
“I most definitely want to be around for a long time,” said Studdard. “This has really, like, given me a second chance.”
When the show began weeks ago, Studdard weighed 462 pounds. Since then, he’s dropped down to 431 pounds.
We’re rooting for you Ruben.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here