*Samuel L. Jackson has interviewed fellow actor Michael Douglas about his recent battle with tongue cancer as part of a week-long “Male Cancer Awareness Week” on a British talk show.
The “Pulp Fiction” star teamed up with the hosts of UK talk show “This Morning” to visit patients at a leading London cancer hospital to encourage men to see a doctor when they notice warning signs. On Thursday (Oct. 10), the program will air a chat between Jackson and Douglas, in which they will talk candidly about his initial misdiagnosis, his reaction to hearing the ‘C’ word for the first time; and the reaction of his family… especially to headlines such as ‘Michael Douglas has three weeks to live’.
During Jackson’s visit to the Royal Marsden Hospital, the actor told staff, “We are trying to figure out how to get men to respond to the information that their body gives them or (get them) sharing information with their friends, saying, ‘I have this pain here, I haven’t been feeling well, have you ever felt like this and what was it?’, and we find that men tend not to do that.”
Earlier this year, Jackson launched a new male cancer campaign titled One For The Boys, and he is using his work on “This Morning’s” Male Cancer Week to promote its self-examination drive.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here