*Samuel L. Jackson has interviewed fellow actor Michael Douglas about his recent battle with tongue cancer as part of a week-long “Male Cancer Awareness Week” on a British talk show.
The “Pulp Fiction” star teamed up with the hosts of UK talk show “This Morning” to visit patients at a leading London cancer hospital to encourage men to see a doctor when they notice warning signs. On Thursday (Oct. 10), the program will air a chat between Jackson and Douglas, in which they will talk candidly about his initial misdiagnosis, his reaction to hearing the ‘C’ word for the first time; and the reaction of his family… especially to headlines such as ‘Michael Douglas has three weeks to live’.
During Jackson’s visit to the Royal Marsden Hospital, the actor told staff, “We are trying to figure out how to get men to respond to the information that their body gives them or (get them) sharing information with their friends, saying, ‘I have this pain here, I haven’t been feeling well, have you ever felt like this and what was it?’, and we find that men tend not to do that.”
Earlier this year, Jackson launched a new male cancer campaign titled One For The Boys, and he is using his work on “This Morning’s” Male Cancer Week to promote its self-examination drive.
- A Blunted Out Snoop Doog Blasts Tom Brady NFL Victory: BULLSH*T! (Watch)
- Rihanna Goes Braless in New Dior Magazine Spread (Pics)
- Janet Jackson to Debut New Song on Beats 1; Reveals ‘Unbreakable’ Tracklist
- Idris Elba Responds to James Bond Author Saying He’s ‘Too Street’
- Check Out New 'Bridge' Clip from cartel-thriller SICARIO (Watch)
- NYU Removes Bill Cosby’s Name from Film Workshop Program
- Donald Trump to Kareem Abdul Jabbar: ‘You Don’t Have a Clue About Life’
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here