*Samuel L. Jackson has interviewed fellow actor Michael Douglas about his recent battle with tongue cancer as part of a week-long “Male Cancer Awareness Week” on a British talk show.
The “Pulp Fiction” star teamed up with the hosts of UK talk show “This Morning” to visit patients at a leading London cancer hospital to encourage men to see a doctor when they notice warning signs. On Thursday (Oct. 10), the program will air a chat between Jackson and Douglas, in which they will talk candidly about his initial misdiagnosis, his reaction to hearing the ‘C’ word for the first time; and the reaction of his family… especially to headlines such as ‘Michael Douglas has three weeks to live’.
During Jackson’s visit to the Royal Marsden Hospital, the actor told staff, “We are trying to figure out how to get men to respond to the information that their body gives them or (get them) sharing information with their friends, saying, ‘I have this pain here, I haven’t been feeling well, have you ever felt like this and what was it?’, and we find that men tend not to do that.”
Earlier this year, Jackson launched a new male cancer campaign titled One For The Boys, and he is using his work on “This Morning’s” Male Cancer Week to promote its self-examination drive.
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here