*“Scandal” may not be number one in viewership quite yet, but it is dominating the Twitterverse.
According to Nielsen, the third-season premiere of ABC’s political thriller starring Kerry Washington ranked No. 1 on its brand new Twitter TV ratings.
Thursday night’s episode, in which Washington fixer Olivia Pope’s name was leaked as the president’s mistress, attracted 10.5 million television viewers. “Scandal” also made some noise on the social media platform Twitter, with nearly 713,000 tweets about the episode reaching a Twitter audience of 3.7 million, Nielsen reported.
The drama proved even more social than the MTV documentary “Miley: The Movement,” which followed Miley Cyrus’ efforts to shed her persona as a Disney Channel star and focus on music. That program generated some 142,000 tweets that reached a Twitter audience of just under 3.2 million, Nielsen reported. But overall, Cyrus was a social phenomenon, also sparking conversation with her appearance on “Saturday Night Live.”
The new Nielsen Twitter TV measurement ranks shows according to the unique audience of Twitter users who have been exposed to at least one tweet about a program. It also identifies the number of tweets associated with a particular episode.
The rankings for the week of Sept. 30-Oct. 6 are as follows:
Rank Program Date Network Unique Audience (000) Tweets (000)
1 Scandal 10/3/13 ABC 3,655.2 712.9
2 Miley: The Movement 10/2/13 MTV 3,185.2 142.4
3 Saturday Night Live 10/5/13 NBC 3,146.5 175.8
4 The Voice 10/1/13 NBC 2,619.8 106.6
5 The Voice 9/30/13 NBC 2,558.7 135.0
6 The Vampire Diaries 10/3/13 CW 2,488.4 278.0
7 Glee 10/3/13 FOX 2,270.1 196.0
8 Dancing With the Stars 9/30/13 ABC 2,092.9 59.8
9 The X Factor 10/2/13 FOX 2,039.0 255.2
10 The X Factor 10/3/13 FOX 1,802.5 188.8
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-25-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- GS Warriors Make NBA History with 16-0 Season Start (WATCH)
- Marcus D. Spencer (Big Spence) Finds Role in 'Fair Chase'
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here